I took my first run today..

Options
I didn't go very far but I did it, about 1/4 mile and it felt great right up until I was gasping for air :laugh: :laugh: I walked another 2 miles. I usually walk about 2 miles a day on my treadmill anyway. I will try again tomorrow, same amount or more...no less. :glasses:

Replies

• naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I didn't go very far but I did it, about 1/4 mile and it felt great right up until I was gasping for air :laugh: :laugh: I walked another 2 miles. I usually walk about 2 miles a day on my treadmill anyway. I will try again tomorrow, same amount or more...no less. :glasses:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    allrighty!!!

good for you....

at first...running is so hard....but gradually it gets better and is such an awesome calorie burner.

keep it up:smile:
  • shababy
    shababy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is no easy feat. I am doing the couch to 5k program. It is designed for people who are not runners. It will have you running a 5k in nine weeks! :happy:
  • lkfulcher
    Options
    congrats!!! i'm really working hard to "become a runner" too! and i just started recently like yourself. good luck to us both! you're off to a great start!! :smile:
  • persian_dancer
    Options
    Congrats! Keep working at it! It'll get easier! :drinker:
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Once you start running you will be amazed how much faster the weight comes off.
  • paulamma1
    paulamma1 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!

Keep at it. That's a great way to do it. Walk/run. Remember when we were kids and we just ran because....... well, no because, we just ran!!!
  • cwjett
    cwjett Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is no easy feat. I am doing the couch to 5k program. It is designed for people who are not runners. It will have you running a 5k in nine weeks! :happy:

I am doing the couch to 5k program also!! Just started the first week, lol I am not a runner at all so i am hoping this will get me started. Now I need to get me some new running shoes! :smile:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Great job, keep up the awesome work! Don't worry about the distance, every great journey starts with just one step.

If you're interested, we have a couch to 5k group going that just started this morning, and we'd love to have you along.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/48769-couch-to-5k-group-starting-monday-april-13th