Any other parents of multiples?

Options
I was just wondering if there are any other parents with twins, triplets or more. I'd just be interested to see how you manage your fitness around their schedules, whether you have had to change their routines etc to fit in your new fitness. Also how are you coping with the food side with so many mouths to feed do you eat the same or do you cook seperately? Just curious.
Lally
NB: I have a singleton 4 year old and triplets who are 3 years old.

Replies

• Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm the mom of 6 yr old twin boys! They'll be 7 in February!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I don't have multiples (I do have a 4yo and a 19 month old) but I just had to say how completely adorable your girls are! Such cuties!
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I don't have multiples (I do have a 4yo and a 19 month old) but I just had to say how completely adorable your girls are! Such cuties!

Thank you. we have to be pretty strick with them and their routines or they cause mayhem. They are going throught tha 'why' stage and the crazy questions are unbelievable. Kate keeps asking where we are going all the time, even if we are ust sitting having dinner!
  • stef_3
    stef_3 Posts: 173
    Options
    I don't have multiples but I work from home so I have my kids with me all day and a couple days a week I have my friends 2 kids as well who are the same ages as my kids so it's kinda like having 2 sets of twins on those days. I have them all nap at the same time and I workout during my lunch break doing a Jillian video usually. After I'm done with work I usually go for a jog 3 nights a week. However, with the time change I'm going to try to get up early and get my run in.

I normally cook the kids food and I will eat something completely different after my workout while they're still napping. I'm sure it's super hard with triplets to fit your workout in, but good luck.
  • 4thehardman
    Options
    I'm the mom of 6 yr old twin boys! They'll be 7 in February!

I looked at your profile pic, your boys ar so cute. I sometimes wish the girls had been fraternal then other people would know which one was which. Even my hubby gets it wrong from time to time.
  • 4thehardman
    Options
    bump
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    Options
    Hi!

I am - 8 year old twins (boy / girl) plus a two year old wild woman. It took me two solid years to lose the 85 lbs I gained after my twins but they were worth every pound. :love:
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    Options
    Oh and as for my workout schedule - I wake up at 4:30 in the morning to work out a few days per week, if I don't have to work the night before. If I do, I run on my lunch break. I'm lucky because I have a shower at my job.
  • lydiareg
    lydiareg Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm the mother of a singleton boy (age 23) and identical twin girls (age 20). I didnt gain a lot of weight with my twins (28 pounds). All my weight came on a while after. Having multiples is a lot of work, but a lot of joy also.
  • 4thehardman
    Options
    You gus are amazing to handle big families and still look so good. I hope to join in that sometime soon. My dh still wants more children but the chances of having multiples again..........well I can't risk my sanity again. That and the health risks. Well done to all you multiples mums. We are sometimes in a world of our own eh?
  • busymomof6
    busymomof6 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am a mom of twin girls aged 7 (although I feel like I have triplets at times, my son is only 8 months older) . And also 4 other children (8, 13, 15 & 20) Its not hard to fit in my fitness schedule while they are in school. As far as the meals go, I usually cook something else for myself unless I know for sure they like it.

11154169.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • newlyknit
    newlyknit Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have a 3yo and b/g twins that will be 2 in Feb. I wake up at 5 every morning to workout and try to be as active with them as I can. I've lost all my baby weight, but now I'm working on the weight I gained while in college.
  • peacheshka
    peacheshka Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi I just started this. I have twins b/g that will be two in Feb. I have read all Ur posts and wow! I'm not sure how u guys do it with more! Mine exhaust me I want to loose approx 30 lbs. I started at 150 before babies got up to 200 during pregnancy went 39 weeks and was back to 160 before going home from hospital. But I'm only five foot! The weight before babies was all college drinking! I want to be 125. Possible I know but no motivation to work out help please!
  • 4thehardman
    Options
    thanks for posting. I knew I wasn't alone!!! There is a lady in my village with 14 year old quints, she looks amazing, I'm, always jealous when I see her!
  • JaredBergeron
    JaredBergeron Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and feel free to send me a friend request :)

2 boys and twin 12yo girls here, girls are harder lol.
  • shawnscott5
    shawnscott5 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I have 5 children... 20 yr old son, 11 yr old son, 8 yr old daughter and 5 yr old twin boys. It is tough to manage, but I have found that it is getting easier the more you have. I am pretty strict as far as routines go. We have our morning routine, then off to school with all of them (except the 20 yr old), then I get to have my quiet time and off to get my exercise in. I always start dinner at 6pm and sometimes we put in a workout DVD and we all exercise together. I do not cook seperatley. They eat what they are given, or they don't eat. That simple. They learn really quick to eat what is served, no matter what meal it is, or what snack it is. Don't get me wrong here, if it is something they just can't stand it is not forced on them, but I do make them try everything.

Also, if the kids want some desert, that is fine, but they have to work out for 10 minutes and break a sweat in order to have it. They think it is super fun and get all excited about it. Make it a game and have a reward and your family will workout with you. Plus it is great bonding time.

I just noticed that a few of you moms twins have birthdays if Feb. Mine also!!
  • mrspottie
    mrspottie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am a mother of 4 year old twin girls. I am in awe of the parents on here with more than just twins. I am pretty sure my husband and I are done. We have our hands full with these two energy driven kids. I try to work out in the mornings, but sometimes it's hard to not hit the snooze, but I know that it's worth it when it's done for the day and I can relax with my kids at night. If I don't get it done in the morning, I work out after they go to bed. It was harder when they were younger, but now they know mommy needs to get her workout in. I love that they see me working out and they have even tried to join in on my videos. They say "good job mommy, keep going" haha.. As for food for the most part we all eat the same meals but I often do make my own meals as well too, but I am okay with that!
  • mommahix
    mommahix Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have 1 year old triplet boys...finding time to work out for me is hard!!! I teach at a day care and then come home with my little men and when they finally go down all I feel like doing is putting my feet up!!! I need motivation!!!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering if there are any other parents with twins, triplets or more. I'd just be interested to see how you manage your fitness around their schedules, whether you have had to change their routines etc to fit in your new fitness. Also how are you coping with the food side with so many mouths to feed do you eat the same or do you cook seperately? Just curious.
    Lally
    NB: I have a singleton 4 year old and triplets who are 3 years old.
    We have twins along with 3 other kids - all boys.

It was hard until the oldest became our sitter - lol
    Now, we have time for anything.
    He doesn't.....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mrsspike30
    mrsspike30 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have 7 yo B/G twins. I'd like to meet other moms of multiples getting healthy too! Feel free to friend me if you are a multiple parent!