Almond Milk - Yummy!!

Options
I have seen that people have switched to Almond milk for their oatmeal and cereal so last night I got some and added it to my plain instant oatmeal this morning and it was YUMMY, it added a bit of sweetness!!!

Only because of MFP am I branching out to try new foods - I thank you all for that.

Replies

• SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I have seen that people have switched to Almond milk for their oatmeal and cereal so last night I got some and added it to my plain instant oatmeal this morning and it was YUMMY, it added a bit of sweetness!!!

Only because of MFP am I branching out to try new foods - I thank you all for that.
    I too am a Diamond Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk convert! The only place I won't substitute it for milk so far is in my morning coffee. Have you tried Shiraki Noodles (pasta substitute found in the tofu section of the grocery store)? The whole bag is only 40 calories!
    Here's a link:
    http://www.low-carb.com/hofotoshnoco.html
  • sweets2001
    Options
    I love Almond Milk! My kids use it in their cereal as well and like it!
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of almond milk too. Can't stand dairy anymore!
  • saridgeway
    Options
    Almond Milk is WAY good. Just don't try to make pudding with it. It does not work...I use it in my coffee with sugar free caramel syrup and a tiny bit of splenda instead of creamer. It has saved me a good 200+ cal a day alone.
  • saridgeway
    Options
    Wow! You have had great success with MFP. Congrats Enigmatica! You just may be my inspiration!
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    SILK makes the best, creamiest almond milk, even the unsweetened variety is awesome!
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Yes, I love almond milk! We usually use the plain unsweetened. I found that it was still sweet and nutty without the vanilla flavorings or sweeteners and it's only 35 calories a cup. Best thing ever. Even my boyfriend loves it and he used to go through a gallon of 2% milk on his own.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    OP should clarify which. As even Silk has versions fairly high in sugar. I've used the 0 sugar version and found it to be perfectly good in shakes and cereal.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I developed a severe milk allergy a couple of years ago and I can't even tell you how hard it was for me at first because all of the alternatives were nasty - soy milk has a terrible aftertaste, coconut milk has WAY too strong of a flavor, rice and hemp milk were too watery tasting...

When I discovered almond milk (original, not the flavored or the unsweetened), I was in HEAVEN. I probably go through an entire gallon every week. It's awesome for cooking and baking as well to replace milk (although the unsweetened kind is best for making sauces)
  • kellykw
    kellykw Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I love almond milk! I drink the unsweetened kind too, and it is MUCH better than unsweetened soy milk. I made sugar-free chocolate pudding (super easy scratch recipe) in the microwave and it turned out great. Maybe it's just the pudding mixes that don't work with it?
  • tweety170
    Options
    Almond Milk is WAY good. Just don't try to make pudding with it. It does not work...I use it in my coffee with sugar free caramel syrup and a tiny bit of splenda instead of creamer. It has saved me a good 200+ cal a day alone.
    I disagree...I put pudding mix and almond milk in my magic bullet and love it. It definitely doesn't come out like normal pudding because it doesn't set right, but it's still tasty. :)
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    So tasty and its so much better for u than regular milk!
  • Taliko
    Taliko Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    LOVE love love Almond Milk. Use it in all the things I used to use milk in, like cereal, oatmeal, smoothies. I find it gives me WAY more energy than cow's milk! I do buy unsweetened regular, but sometimes mix it up with chocolate (Chocolate raspberry vegan smoothies are awesome!)
  • Rebjones612
    Options
    I love the vanilla flavor.....in moderation...has lots of sugar
  • may5220
    may5220 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I love the blue Diamond brand, helps keep the calories down.