Looking for friends (100 lbs to lose)

Options
Hello everyone! I accidentally deleted my account NJCHICK6 so I'm starting over (ugh). Kinda like the way I'm starting over trying to lose weight. Ironic. Anyway, if you were previously my 'friend' hit me up. If you're looking for friends, add me. Little background so maybe you can match your goals to mine, etc as we know someone that needs to lose 10 lbs is in a different place mentally than someone struggling to lose 100+ lbs.

I'm Lisa... 32 years old, 5' 7" and my starting weight is 252.7 lbs -- my goal is 158, which was my weight back in 2003 when I met my boyfriend. I know it's an attainable goal weight for me and once at 158, I can always regroup and lose more if I decide to. So for now...

SW 252.7
GW 158

Thanks
Lisa

Replies

• physistwife
    Options
    Hi Lisa! I agree with your comment about struggling to lose a large amount compared to smaller amounts. I've started breaking my goals down to ten pounds each time so it does not seem so overwhelming! Good luck and you can add me if you like!
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I agree as well. It's a completely different mindset for weightloss. Feel free to add me!
  • healthieryou
    Options
    We are about the same weight, feel free to add me on.
  • mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    My goal is like 95 lbs to loose. It seems overwhelming some days but I am close to losing 30lbs in 3 months so I know it is doable! Good luck in your journey and feel free to add me as well.
  • maureenB7
    maureenB7 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Lisa I know what you mean about struggling! I've only lost 28 pounds in the last year, I had hoped to lose 50. I too need to lose 100 pounds! Maybe we can encourage each other. Maureen
  • miss_kisha
    miss_kisha Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am about the same age, height and weight, looking to lose 75 pounds and friends to help me as well. Feel free to add me if you like, I just joined today for about the 5th time. I hope to make it work this time!
  • armystrong261
    Options
    ive just started this program and dont have a slightest idea on what to do??
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Lisa, feel free to add me , if you'd like. I also have 100 lbs to lose and am 5 '7 '. So I totally understand the mind set needed.
  • SheriG9
    Options
    HI Lisa! Welcome back!!! I so completely agree that the mindset is different when you need to lose a larger amount. I am 42, 5'4", and my starting weight was 275. I want to be below 200 as an initial goal (Not since 1993 have I weighed below 200!), and a TGW of 150 would be awesome.
    I am a Mom to nine, with my oldest DD18, and my youngest DS 8 months. I am nursing my DS.

So, my stats are:

SW 275
    PW 270
    IG 199
    TGW 150

Let's do this! Friend me if you'd like. :o)
    Sheri
  • GossInABox
    GossInABox Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa! I've only just joined, but yeah, that number can be intimidating. I'm hoping to lose 79lbs myself. I'll send you a friend request. :)
  • shelleytobefit
    shelleytobefit Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well.....I know it is a struggle when you have that huge number you are trying to get to......all the best to you!
  • suzyb26
    Options
    I too, am starting over, seems like I am always starting over, I do great for a month or two, start feeling great, fitting into clothes better and BOOM!! I don't know what happens and before I know it here I am again. I have been on a few of these sites in the past, I never reach out, never speak to anybody or post anything about myself, so I am going to be different this time, I am reaching out and I am here for anyone who knows exactly how I feel, whether it be ten pounds or a hundred, a struggle is a struggle! I am blessed to have a husband and family who love me for me, but I find myself checking out on life, on activities because I am ashamed of how I look and feel and I don't ever want to be an embarrassment to my family, which they assure me all the time that I am not, but that's how I feel, I want to participate in life, every minute, every second.