Health and Wellness Books

Options
Interested in buying some books that discuss better food options, good diet tips, etc. There are a lot out there. Anyone have any suggestions??

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Body for Life by Bill Phillips
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Food Rules and In Defense of Food by Michael Pollen
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    bump
  • StephNE500
    Options
    Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer
    Veganist: Lose Weight, Get Healthy, Change the World by Kathy Freston
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    the Body Fat Connection by Tom Venutto and available as an ebook off his webite Burn the Fat, Feed The Muscle by the same author. It's longer and more comprehensive. but both books are awesome. no diet bullcrap, no quick fixes, just the truth. www.burnthefat.com
  • reegordon
    reegordon Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Total Nutrition" by Joy Bauer
    "Sports Nutrition Guidebook" by Nancy Clark
  • jackiebo
    jackiebo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    "The Anderson Method" by William Anderson
  • ripped4life1
    Options
    Tosca Reno of the "Eat Clean Diet" Book series. She has one named recharged that is an amped up version of the original. It is very visually appealing, she has vibrant colors and its not all in black in white. It is showing you what you should do and what isn't the best options in your journey of weight loss. She also has a great website www.eatcleandiet.com. I also agree w/ the guy who mentioned "Body for Life", that one is good too (-: !!
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Good Calories, Bad Calories by Gary Taubes - or his latest one which is a bit more reader friendly - Why We Get Fat

Gospel of Food by Barry Glassner

Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon

New Atkins for a New You

*editing to add that these are not vegan books, just some of my favorites - I'm not sure if you follow a certain diet or lifestyle so I should have asked before throwing titles at you. Sorry! :flowerforyou:
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I second Food Rules and In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan as well as Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer. I'll add Eat to Live by Joel Fuhrman.
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    "Eating Well For Optimum Health" by Andrew Weil, M.D. I love this book!
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    "The Spark"
    "Master your metabolism"
    "Burn the fat, Feed the muscle"
  • italianissima
    italianissima Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Anything written by Tosca Reno, but especially her books: The Eat-Clean Diet and The Eat-Clean Diet Recharged. There are TONS of recipes and everything is super tasty! She also is a success story, and isn't shy about what it takes to get the body you want. One thing to make sure I mention: it's not a diet; she teaches you how to change your lifestyle!

Good luck!
  • DavisKarenR
    Options
    Good Calories, Bad Calories by Gary Taubes - or his latest one which is a bit more reader friendly - Why We Get Fat

Gospel of Food by Barry Glassner

Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon

New Atkins for a New You

*editing to add that these are not vegan books, just some of my favorites - I'm not sure if you follow a certain diet or lifestyle so I should have asked before throwing titles at you. Sorry! :flowerforyou:

Nourishing Traditions is a life changer. A must read for every person interested in eating healthier.