Newbie !! Really looking to make this work =)

Options
xYumzx
xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
Hey All!

I just heard about this site doing some web surfing here at work. Im really hoping I can get myself motivated and start eating healthier and losing the weight. Just for me I have a really hard time sticking to it... couple of weeks ago I bought the Power 90 program.. still in the package. :noway:

Im working a 35-40 hr work week, that requires me to sit on my butt all day and it makes me feel so lazy. And then when i get home I just have no energy to do anything. So I really hope this will help me get my butt moving and learn a healthier life. Id love to have a great support group on here as well as home.

So with that any advice or tips or ANYTHING you guys can provide would be great and to be doing this with friends would make it that much more fun so I look forward to many new friendships..

:heart: Coll

SW: 190lbs :sad:
GW: 145lkbs :smile:
Height: 5'5"

Replies

• arosmith79
    arosmith79 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! :)
  • jjbr1917
    jjbr1917 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    WOW. Just read this and you sound just like me. Same story, same weight!! I am making this commitment today!! Let me know when ever you need encouragement. It is a road I have traveled down many times but I don't even recognize myself in the mirror anymore. WHO is taking over this body and ruined my judgment. Someone very selfish!!
  • Cfkearney
    Cfkearney Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Same reason I joined. I have a hard time staying motivated and the more help I can get the better!
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Welcome, congrats on taking the steps you have. I too work a desk job all day and when I get home I am tired and feeling lazy. It doesn't help that I have two kids who need dinner, help with homework, baths, etc. I have boyfriend but he's turning out to be not as advertised (to be polite) and I'm thinking he's on his way out the door here really soon unless things change. Working out saved my sanity and maybe my life. A little time at the gym or an hour with workout dvds in the morning gives me energy and makes me feel so much more productive I find it really carries into the rest of my day. I sleep better at night, have more energy during the day (no what time of day I work out doesn't change my over all energy level), and am generally less stressed out. I won't lie, the first couple weeks were pure hell. I was still tired and now sore from using muscles I had forgotten I had. But I stuck with it and after a couple of weeks I started to crave the exercise and the veggies. Now regular fast food tends to make me feel ill, I actually WANT to eat healthier foods and I CRAVE the gym like I used to crave french fries.

Feel free to friend me, I'd be happy to offer as much support and encouragement as I can.
  • glad23
    glad23 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey!!
  • alesashamel
    alesashamel Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This site has been great for me. Particularly as far as watching what I eat and the support is great. My advise try to login daily and put in what you eat. Once you get into a routine it gets easier.
  • xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I wasnt expecting such replies so soon:smile: You all just brought a big smile to my face, Im just curious since I do work at a desk job all day... do any of you know little work outs I can do at work? If I havent yet I plan on adding you all hope you all accept. Thanks again and any advice is much LOVED =)

:heart: Coll
  • kydogwalker
    kydogwalker Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi, YOur story is similar to mine, even close in weight and goals. I am thinking of joining a gym. There is one in my area that is tied to a local church and only costs $60 for the year! A friend of mine has started there and he says an added benefit is that its not crowded and the people aren't uber jocks.

I do a mix of things: in the morning a blend of pilates and yoga, either stuff I know or videos on netflix along with recordings of Wai Lana on PBS. At work I focus on my chest, back and shoulders when people aren't around. For example: hold arms all the way out sideways; do little circles in the air for x times (till it aches) then backwards; then do big circles. Another one is put hands on shoulders, and do big circles with arms (start out smaller until they warm up), trying to touch elbows in front and back.

Then at night I have two active dogs. We have been walking at a quick pace a minimum of 2, closer to an average of 3 miles a day. I make sure to do it immediately when I get home, otherwise I'll get lazy and just wanna chill on the couch.

I think the big thing is to find the exercises and routines that, after you get over the initial "I can't do this, it hurts!" phase, really makes you feel good and that you love. Those are the things you will stick with over the long haul.