Stength Training Information

Options
Is there a website that would explain to me what to do, how many to do, how often to do, what type to do? Just need a point in the right direction need some reading to do? Thanks in advance...

Replies

• StrengthIsBeautiful
    Options
    Don't know if this may help you or not:
    http://www.exrx.net/Exercise.html
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Google Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength program.
  • dewgirl321
    dewgirl321 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    bodybuilding.com has some great workouts that you can print out. You can get info for specific body part exercises, or you can do a program that will give you a 12 week plan. I have heard great things about the book New Rules of Lifting as well. Personal Training sessions at your gym are great if you can afford it. I had 2 training sessions to get me started, from there I have checked out bodybuilding.com workouts and tried different exercises/machines at the gym. Once you get going, it's easy to continually add exercises and increase the benefit of your workouts. Good luck!
  • slbeutler
    Options
    Most trainers will give you a free intro. session. You could print a plan from bodybuilding.com or new rules for lifting and then have a trainer show you how to do the lifts properly. Make sure it is a good trainer, there are some really bad ones out there.
  • martinh78
    Options
    I started this, I've modified it a little to suit my gym/needs/time/etc but it's working pretty well for me.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/lee-labrada-12-week-lean-body-trainer-week-1-main.html

I like it because it works on a two days strength, one cardio day, and mixes things up that way. If I miss the gym for a day I continue with the plan as if I hadn't. Setting "monday, wednesday, friday" for example doesn't work in my job. doing "workout 1, workout two, rest, workout 3, workout 1, rest" works well for me :o)
  • msbrock40
    Options
    Just lookin at your profile.. I just started a month ago and i cant seem to loss my body fat.(bf) Well it only went down 3 points from when I first started. U have lost a tremdous lot of body fat what you doing? Please I want to know.
  • abbbigayl
    abbbigayl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Les Mills Body Pump is great for strength training. If there isn't a gym in your area that offers it, get it online.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,720 Member
    Options
    Is there a website that would explain to me what to do, how many to do, how often to do, what type to do? Just need a point in the right direction need some reading to do? Thanks in advance...
    Bodybuilding.com is good. But you need to identify EXACTLY what you goals are to be first. Just saying "I want to lose weight" ain't going to work.
  • swimmer54
    swimmer54 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My trainer told me about the imuscles app for the iphone. Here's an article describing it a little. http://lifehacker.com/5813720/imuscle-teaches-you-to-stretch-and-exercise-by-literally-showing-you-the-muscles-in-action
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Google Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength program.

Win!
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Just lookin at your profile.. I just started a month ago and i cant seem to loss my body fat.(bf) Well it only went down 3 points from when I first started. U have lost a tremdous lot of body fat what you doing? Please I want to know.

Treadmill Mon through Friday. 45-90 minutes, I play on the treadmill incline up for as it will go legs get to hurting bring it back down. I also speed it up to 6mph and run for a min and then slow back down. I like to play with my heart with the HRM watch it go up to like 140-150 when it finally goes back down I run again. More r less I just play on it. I do wear a weight vest to increase my weight. Vest is at extra 14lbs right now, Vest can go up to 20lbs. As I got smaller it was harder to burn calories so I added the vest. Just bought a weight training system soon as I get it all put together I'm going to add it this is why I'm asking my question. Now I do eat within my calorie limit always. No cheat days for me. Bottom line just playing on da treadmill watching what I eat. I want some strength training so I can look decent naked as well. I don't want to be flabby from weight loss and could look worse........

Thanks everyone for all the helpful answers so for.....