Can I get some advice?

Options
I started at 260lbs. I am 6-3. I want to get 210 in 4 months, is this realistic? I am teadmilling for about 1 hr 30 minutes a day burning 1500 calories. I am eatin gin the ball park of 2000 calories a day and drinking all the required water. My daily allowance of fat, protein etc.. is all undertarget, in other words I am making my goals. I am down to 8 lbs in two weeks, is this healthy? When will I hit the wall? Any words of wisdom are welcome.

Eric

186216.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

Replies

• empsonism
    Options
    I started at 260lbs. I am 6-3. I want to get 210 in 4 months, is this realistic? I am teadmilling for about 1 hr 30 minutes a day burning 1500 calories. I am eatin gin the ball park of 2000 calories a day and drinking all the required water. My daily allowance of fat, protein etc.. is all undertarget, in other words I am making my goals. I am down to 8 lbs in two weeks, is this healthy? When will I hit the wall? Any words of wisdom are welcome.

Eric

186216.png
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    You'll always drop a lot of weight in the first two weeks or so, so you're fine. I lost 10 pounds in my first two weeks or so, and slowed down to 1-2 pounds a week after that with the occasional 0 or 3 pounder. I would suggest to aim for between 5-10 pounds a month with 8 pounds a month/ 2 a week being a solid goal without being impossible.
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I guess it is possible but in my experience (and I have had a lot of it) the faster you lose it the quicker it comes back when you slack off a little. Averaging 1-2 pounds a week is realistic and probably will stay off better than crashing. You will probably lose quite a bit in the first couple of weeks but then it will slow down so don't get discouraged.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Men lose entirely differently than woman. Spyguy has lost 80 something pounds in a rather short amount of time.

I think if you keep up the way you are, and when you hit the wall......kick it up a notch with the workout, you should do fine.

Good for you!!

:flowerforyou:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    basically men and women lose weight the same way

burn more calories than you take in'

do lots of cardio and eat sensibly and the weight comes off

your time frame is short ..I lost an average of 10 pounds a month for three months and I was doing a lot of cardio and eating pretty clean as in minimal processed foods and plenty of protein

I cut out bread, pasta, white potatoes and rice to lose the weight

I used protein shakes to get full while cutting calories

do lots of cardio

good luck
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    it's totally realistic as long as you dont starve which it doesn't sound like you are. I started at 278 and have lost 50 lbs since January 1st (almost, I have two lbs to go, but it's close enough for conversations sake). So you do the math, I think it's totally realistic. I run for 25 minutes every day and follow up with weights, this works for me. You find what works for you and stick to it, that's what will make it realistic.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    10 lbs a month, for a man, is no problem (IMHO). 210 lbs is a great goal, and you will make in there in mere months!!! If you hit a wall, just swtich something up, and keep going!

Just a side note... when I started MFP last year, my athletic husband was 210 lbs (6'3") and decided he would support me and follow along (not calorie counting, but improved quality, no snacking, no junk) to help me reach my goals. He'd slowly gained over our marriage and thought he could slimdown a bit. He was 190 lbs in 6 weeks. The bugger had ripped abs without really trying. I think men can have a bit of a quicker go at it.
    :smile:

Oh - something else that I believe Banks said.... when your BMI is over 25, it will come off quicker than once you are under 25. Enjoy the fast loses in the beginning!
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    oh... and I hit a wall at about 40 lbs lost... there I hovered, confused and pissed off for about two and a half weeks. Mind you my weight didn't go up but it wasn't coming off either. Then I listened to everyone on here... UP THE CALS FOR A FEW DAYS they said... and it worked. I dont know how, but it did. After those few days I returned to normal with the consistant weight loss.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    oh... and I hit a wall at about 40 lbs lost... there I hovered, confused and pissed off for about two and a half weeks. Mind you my weight didn't go up but it wasn't coming off either. Then I listened to everyone on here... UP THE CALS FOR A FEW DAYS they said... and it worked. I dont know how, but it did. After those few days I returned to normal with the consistant weight loss.

Same thing with me! At about 25 lbs, I hit a serious plateau, so I upped my calories, AND upped my exercise to two workouts daily, and it finally came off.

Good luck!
    :flowerforyou:
  • bazuukajoe
    bazuukajoe Posts: 49 Member
    Options

Eric

186216.png

I'd say that is cake. I started (and am starting over again) around the same weight as you and lost about 15 to 20 lbs per month. And no, I wasn't starving myself. I was eating over 2000 calories a day and (at first) only exercising for about 40 minutes each day with walking/jogging. I lost over 70 pounds in less than a year (about 9 or 10 months I think) But I gained it all back over a period of 13 months, so it is true that the faster you take it off the easier it is to put back on.

P.S. I'm from Ypsi, MI too!