So mad at myself

Options
LiMer
LiMer Posts: 112 Member
Okay so I had a wedding and Ester with my family yesterday. I didn't get home until about 1 in the morning. I went over my calories by at least 500 and I ate really late. Maybe 20 minutes before bed. This morning, the scale says I've gain 1.5 pounds....

Is that even possible? Or is it water weight?
Today, is my daughter's 16th birthday, so she wanted an ice cream cake. I ate 1 slice. Then, I am off to church for an Ester party and a barbecue with my church. I will try very hard but already on a bad start.

On top of all the eating, I have no time to exercise.

When you put the food on your plate, it looks reasonable but when it's time to log in the food, the calories are so much.

Replies

• LiMer
    LiMer Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Okay so I had a wedding and Ester with my family yesterday. I didn't get home until about 1 in the morning. I went over my calories by at least 500 and I ate really late. Maybe 20 minutes before bed. This morning, the scale says I've gain 1.5 pounds....

Today, is my daughter's 16th birthday, so she wanted an ice cream cake. I ate 1 slice. Then, I am off to church for an Ester party and a barbecue with my church. I will try very hard but already on a bad start.

When you put the food on your plate, it looks reasonable but when it's time to log in the food, the calories are so much.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    you have no time to exercise?

but time to post..hmmmmm

get some exercise instead of talking about not having the time

good luck
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

give it a couple of days.....you will be fine. One day will not make or break you......
  • SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Its just two days. I wouldn't stress too much. You will do so much better next week. Maybe those 1.5 pounds are from the foods from yesterday. Happy Easter!:drinker:
  • jazpiri
    jazpiri Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Don't get too discouraged. You're approaching the whole situation the way you should and focusing on proportions. Plus, if you don't allow yourself treats now and again you end up binging and that just makes it all worse. The scale could have shown a weight gain due to water retention, you most likely did not gain 1.5 punds over one day. Remember, 3500 calories equals one pound, so in order to gain 1.5 pounds in one day you would have had to eat 5250 extra calories :smile: Also, I think a lot of people forget that food weighs something, so if you eat something and then step on the scale of course you have gained weight! You have food sitting in your stomach! Even if you just drank water and they stepped on the scale you would have gained weight because you have extra stuff sitting in your stomach. Hope that helps.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Yup - stop posting - and do some jumping jacks. Jog in place. Dance around the room. Log your food in beforehand, and it will help keep you on track. If you get back on the wagon, I'm sure by next week you'll break even again or maybe even lose.
  • Jerzeebabie04
    Options
    I think you will be fine. It takes about 3500 calories to lose or gain a pound. So if you are having more then 3500 over your BMR then you would gain. That would mean you would have to go over by 500 for 7 days to actually gain the pound. I say don't stress so much, that definitely won't help! Just keep up with the portions, enjoy your holiday a bit, then get back on it Monday morning. Maybe then you will have some time to exercise & instead of 30 minutes, maybe do about 45-60 minutes if possible. But if you continue to eat your calories the rest of the week & follow your diet you should be fine.

Sometimes I found that 1 day of cautious cheating, has helped me lose weight. My body wanted some of those foods so maybe it was lacking something. But it shouldn't effect you much. Another thing, don't weigh yourself everyday, your body flucuates on a daily basis anyway. Do it the same time & day each week & you should be fine! good luck
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I think you will be fine. It takes about 3500 calories to lose or gain a pound. So if you are having more then 3500 over your BMR then you would gain. That would mean you would have to go over by 500 for 7 days to actually gain the pound. I say don't stress so much, that definitely won't help! ...

Hehe, sound advice! :drinker: