over my sugar goal and i only had breakfast!!???

Options
2»

Replies

• astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I didnt pay attention or care one bit about how much sugar i took in while i was losing weight. I ate 2-3 times more sugar then my goal for the day every day and i lost 10 lbs easily. to me sugar means nothing especially since the sugar i eat are all natural sugars (fruits), and some from a bowl of cereal every morning. just because somthing might be high in sugar doesnt mean its unhealthy. special k is fine for you to eat dont let someone else say its not.

I wat low sugar because I have PCOS and it causes me to be insulin resistant. Many overweight people are also insulin resistant and that is one of the reasons low carb/sugar diets work so well for many people.
    If someone has a lot to loose, basically, anything works. I've just gotten down to my last few pounds and watching my sugar helps
  • liveyourlifex
    liveyourlifex Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    change the cereal and yogurt youre eating! i used to eat chocolate cheerios every morning with nonfat milk but then i realized it was a bit too sugary for me. so i changed to regular dry cheerios (not the honey flavored one) and added some almonds to my cereal. also, since thats a little too plain, i like to add 1/4 cup of go lean crunch :) its really filling and really good! as for the yogurt, try greek yogurt. they tend to have less sugar than yoplait or other yogurt brands!
  • skuzinsk
    Options
    I agree with the posters who suggest looking at keeping under on carbs overall, and I'd also suggest looking at the ratio of sugar to fiber. If you're eating a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables (good sugars) then they usually are higher in fiber too, helping keep these numbers in balance. This is healthy!

I'd also suggest getting plain yogurt and adding fresh or organic dried fruit--you get used to it and then the regular yogurt tastes terrible. Juices are also too processed and give you a huge sugar boost without a lot of nutritional value. Get a juicer instead and make sure to have the pulp with it for the fiber--smoothies can be good.

Be careful about sugar free products. There are five available artificial sweeteners, and you should carefully research any of them that you plan to use. Even those that are "made from sugar" are far from natural and are nothing like sugar. As with any chemical you'd ingest, particularly on a daily basis, you'd be wise to thoroughly research these to fully understand the costs and benefits to your health.