Grrr Aggravated with 'friend' (Not fitness related)

Options
HoopFire5602
HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
Okay, I need some advice. My friend is always asking me for rides home. I always say yes. I'm getting tired of it. He asked me again today because his wife is leaving early and he isn't, so he needs a ride. I already said yes, but feel like I am going to explode with anger. What should I do?

Note: They only own one car. He traded in his car for a motorcycle, which 9 times out of 10 he can't even ride here in MS. I feel like I have to pick up the slack of their careless planning.

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Stop saying yes. Why are you angry? You've always said yes in the past, of course he's going to keep asking.
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Stop saying yes. Why are you angry? You've always said yes in the past, of course he's going to keep asking.

I am angry that people abuse my friendship in that way. I go out of my way for people and they always step all over me.
  • stampede55
    Options
    Tell him straight up that you're tired of giving him a ride. The longer you beat around the bush, the more pissed you're going to get.
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that. Ask for gas money or say no. He has no idea its annoying you, you always say yes.
  • quixoticmantis
    quixoticmantis Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Just tell him no. I mean, you can say no and not be mean. I'm sure he'd understand.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,118 Member
    Options
    People don't treat you badly unless you give them permission to do so.

You could start charging him the rate a taxi would. :wink: