Any spinners out there?

Options
I did two spin classes this weekend and fell in love with the challenge and the intensity (not to mention the sweating =P) that came along with it. I love cardio and trying spinning for the first time helped spice things up a bit.

So are there any spinners out there that would like to share their success stories? I'm looking to drop weight all over, and already from just the last two days I can see definition in my legs, especially my thighs. (That was never my problem area, hahaha.)

I'm still doing strength training as part of my regiment (especially on my core as that fat refuses to leave).

I'd love to see pictures if you guys have any to share!

Replies

• brynakrauth
    Options
    I spin all winter long and mountain bike my *kitten* off in the summer. I LOVE spin class. It is such a HUGE calorie burn and leaves you feeling strong and fast. Good job and keep it up!

P.S. I love my bike and would spend my life cycling around the world if given the chance :) That helps with loving spin class and the workout it offers. It's not for everyone.

Bryn
  • MrsPhan11
    MrsPhan11 Posts: 2,502 Member
    Options
    I started spin about 2 years ago and have been including it in my cardio routine ever since. It helped me lose about 16 lbs. Remember that the seat does get more comfortable the more you do it. Good luck!
  • Laurelje
    Laurelje Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I spin every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 0530. It's a great way to start the day, and gets the workout done first thing. Plus, it's an awesome way to wake up. I like the music, the pace...everything about it. And my husband says my butt looks more muscular - always a good thing! ;-)
  • fushion243
    Options
    I have the best spin instructor out there. We sing along, tease each other, and just have a blast at 5:45am. I let myself gain some weight lately, but biking is a big part of my regime. I use spin to train for century rides, triathlons, etc. I love to bike outside, but spin is guaranteed regardless of the weather!
  • edenjoy3
    Options
    I love spin..I do it atleast once a week if not twice ..my quad muscles are more defined , they look leaner and I see some improvements on my midsection but mainly my legs.
  • aingersoll07
    aingersoll07 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love it as well....it's a great change up to a cardio routine!
  • bens_mommy
    Options
    Oh gosh thanks everyone for the replies! One problem I HAVE been having is how uncomfortable the seat is (I feel like everywhere "down there" has been kicked with steel-toed boots =P) but I have heard it gets more comfortable after a week or so.

And it it doesn't, I'll eat the $10 and buy my own seat cover. =P
  • doornumber03
    doornumber03 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    i started about a month ago and am addicted to it....love how i feel after and love the fact i burn 900+cals in an hour.
    the instructors i've had we don't get to use the seat that much so i'm not too uncomfortable, but they do have the bike shorts you can buy that have the padding in them. Give it a shot if it's bugging you.....Good luck
  • bens_mommy
    Options
    i started about a month ago and am addicted to it....love how i feel after and love the fact i burn 900+cals in an hour.
    the instructors i've had we don't get to use the seat that much so i'm not too uncomfortable, but they do have the bike shorts you can buy that have the padding in them. Give it a shot if it's bugging you.....Good luck

Thanks! From what I understand, after a week or so the saddle soreness usually goes away, so I'm not too concerned. =]
  • Section117_Zolos
    Options
    I spin, at least twice a week. I saw a hugh weight loss from it, not to mention the calorie burn and sweating,

I even miss it when I don't get to do it