Rough Weekend

Options
On Friday i weighed in at 150.2. 0.2 lbs away from my goal for the month! I was very happy with my progress- and proceeded to over-indulge quite a lot this weekend. Monday- a mere 3 days after feeling on top of the world, I am feeling pretty down. I feel AWFUL. I have had bad weekends in the past, but never quite felt that bad about it. Today i got on the scale at 3:20 in the afternoon (i usually weigh in during the morning) and i had gained 5.4 lbs. disgusting. I know i had a bad weekend (and only 1 day honestly) but 5 lbs!!

I am planning on drinking a ton of water, and obviously getting back on track and staying under calorie. Im just feeling like this is going a little slower than i anticipated. I am actually getting the SCALE results i want (usually) but the increase in self confidence is severely lagging.

Please add me as a friend- take a look at my diary and let me know what you think!

thank you so much in advance.
danielle.

Replies

• StephnElbow
    StephnElbow Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Be aware that a lot of the difference in weight you noticed was due simply to the fact that you weighed in at a different time of the day. Trust me that it changes a lot throughout the day. But I doubt you gained 5 lbs in one day alone, so I would just be really the next day or two and then weigh again and it should be more accurate. Everyone has rough weekends, this weekend was not that good for me either with wedding parties, but you just gatta pick back up where you left off and do your best. The weight will fall off, it just takes time :)
  • gracielee1
    gracielee1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi! Every one has one of those rough weekends. You will feel a lot lighter after a two-day detox... you'll be back on track in no time!
  • missle30
    missle30 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself! You, obviously, didn't put on 5 pounds of fat in three days! First, you can't weigh yourself at different times of day! Second, with your 'reward' day, you probably ate more sodium than you usually do, so you're probably retaining a little extra water. Also, you should definitely only weigh yourself once a week, at the MOST!

Anyway, keep up the great work! You'll be fine.
  • catrose66
    catrose66 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. Especially since you weighed yourself in the afternoon instead when you normally do in the morning. I've been told your body weight does change during the day. Not sure how much but I believe it is at least a couple of pounds.

Tammy
  • GibsonDarlin
    GibsonDarlin Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Be aware that a lot of the difference in weight you noticed was due simply to the fact that you weighed in at a different time of the day. Trust me that it changes a lot throughout the day. But I doubt you gained 5 lbs in one day alone, so I would just be really the next day or two and then weigh again and it should be more accurate. Everyone has rough weekends, this weekend was not that good for me either with wedding parties, but you just gatta pick back up where you left off and do your best. The weight will fall off, it just takes time :)

What she said!!! It is in the past now move forward and you will be just fine~
  • cirellim
    cirellim Posts: 269
    Options
    Yeah I was going to say the main discrepency here is just the fact that you waited until the afternoon once you eat or drink anything after waking up its going to throw off your weight instantly. You'll begin retaining water and more honestly had you weighed in first thing in the morning as you normally do it probably would have only been like a 3lb give or take gain.
  • alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing. :(
  • ealinn
    ealinn Posts: 38
    Options
    Seems we had the same weekend. I too was just 0.5 away from breaking the 150 mark... and here I am back up 3 pounds after eating everything that wasn't nailed down all weekend long. Back on track today, but feeling absolutely terrible.

So just hang in there.... do what you're doing... we all have bad weekends. The key is to not let one bad weekend completely derail you. And yes, like the others have said, weigh yourself at a consistent time every day... my weight fluctuates sometimes 5 lbs in a day depending on how much water I've consumed. Sure you're weight gain was more like 2-3 pounds.
  • getfit618
    getfit618 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! i Know some of the gain is certainly attributable to the time of day- but usually i dont flucuate more than 2-3 lbs. I think its more how i FEEL. i just feel larger or something. I think its probably the sodium--i ate out most of the weekend as i was visiting my sister.

thanks again.
  • getfit618
    getfit618 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    wow! its comforting knowing im not completly alone, Best of luck to you!
  • tabc1964
    Options
    Per my primary doctor, your weight can flutuate anywhere from 1 - 4 pounds a day. Don't be discouraged, get back on track and move forward. Just remain positive and the self-confidence will come in time. Good luck to you!

God grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    courage to change the things I can;
    and wisdom to know the difference.
  • leese559
    leese559 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I here you! I was at 238.8 dropped 11 pounds in 4 weeks and doing another weigh in on Friday however I decided to weigh myself at home and gained 4 pounds back so now I am at about 240! Sooo sad I know its because I only exercised 3 times last week and Friday and Saturday I ate horribly! Im not gunna give up and I am getting back on track with food and exercise today..just keep trying and don’t give up cause then that’s when we really fail…