Hello

Options
I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jaime Holmes, I'm currently trying to lose weight. I've been trying for years with no luck. I'm hoping that it will work this time around.

Replies

• brittanynhammond
    Options
    It can work! My advice Journal Everything. Write down your goals, and track your progress daily.
  • mardycow
    Options
    hope it works for you im finding it hard have ups and downs stick at it
  • harleenarang
    harleenarang Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome - I must say that this is the right place to be if you wanna take your weight loss seriously.
    I have joined less than a month back but feel better to see myself look at food differently now - I make better healthier choices while picking up grocery, while eating out, etc.

Tip - Make sure you log in your food diary everyday even though you consumed more/less than you should. Its a big big help to keep you on track.

Welcome aboard !! :)
  • karicorona
    Options
    Hi Jamie!
    I am in the same boat - but I have found that if I am committed to logging all my activity here, it really helps my food choices, because I just couldn't write down that I ate a whole box of cookies and feel good about that - so it really helps to see what you do in "black and white."

What is your plan? Everyone needs a plan....I would be happy to cheer you on....:)

Kari
  • jennie1095
    jennie1095 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've been overweight all my preteen/teen years but trust me after using My Fitness Pal. The scale had been going down for me! Trust me you can do this! (: Add me if you'd like. Your not necessarily on a diet your just cutting down and basically eating the good food so you can lose weight.
  • lizdavis1986
    lizdavis1986 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Jamie! I'm in the same boat, but I've found my motivation in the little things and once I shrunk my stomach from less food intake things got a lot easier! I don't deny myself carbs or sweets but put them in moderation. I have the fun sized candy that I keep in my house and they're my treat for a good day. My fave is a bag of skittles, it's 60 calories, and gives me the sweetness I need. I have netflix and they have a bunch of workout videos that I enjoy. If you have any questions I'm happy to help, but you have decide what you want and go for it!

12200377.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • ShmiSkywalker
    ShmiSkywalker Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You have come to the right place. Here you will find lots of support from others going through the same thing. Good luck on your journey! I agree with all the prior statements to log everything, good or bad. It will really help you understand where you understand where your challenges are and celebrate your successes. Remember, this is a lifetime journey rather than a diet. You can do it! :)