For the people who have lost a good amount of weight,
I have rather large feet... did any of you experience a shoe
size drop? I wanna wear cute heels without being discouraged
Because of my big feet :p if i dropped a shoe size I'd be very happy
Thanks for the replies :)

Replies

• Rain_Howard
    Options
    My roommate has. She's lost enough to comfortably walk in heals.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    It depends. I lost half a size and went from only wearing wide shoes to being able to wear normal ones. Then I took up running and the impact made my foot bones spread out and they grew a size!
  • Dani_Scott
    Options
    Hi! I've lost 2 shoe sizes since I've started. Which seems nice but now i have to buy a lot of new shoes!! xx
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I've lost enough to where they aren't as snug as they used to be.
  • mrsc86
    mrsc86 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I dropped a shoe size and hence lost the ability to wear my Louboutins :( I did get quite upset until hubby replaced them as a joing xmas and birthday pressie! I can safely say they were the only down side to losing weight
  • jooles0
    Options
    I went down 2.5 shoe sizes. I have always had a LOVE of shoes so it meant giving LOTS away and buying LOTS :)
    I can walk in small heals now which I couldn't before!

Always thought my feet and hands weren't fat but clearly they were :-)
  • Emagali74
    Emagali74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Im glad I saw this topic !!! Ive lost around 56 pounds and I have dropped a shoe size but people were telling me that I can thave done, that your feet always stay the same but I have gone from a uk 5 to a uk 4 for definite......

Hallelujah that someone else has done the same :0)

Emma x
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost the number size, cause I was still a US shoe size 8 even at 191 pounds. But I no longer have to get 8 wide, I can get just get regular ol' size 8 shoes. I have tiny toes and don't ever expect to lose a whole size, just the width went away for me.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I think it's possible and women tend to have relatively fattier feet than men, not to mention the issue of water retention at the ankles and all the other probs incurred from wearing shoes for fashion rather than practical comfort.

My feet were never fat, but I did have a pair of shoes I used to wear when I was in my 20s and I gave them away as when I started to pile on the lbs they no longer fitted and were very tight... almost like they had shrunk. Weirdly enough, it was only this one pair I had trouble with... all my other shoes fitted as before.

I also have a pair of ankle boots with a Cuban heel. When I last wore them, they hurt after 5-10mins because of the pressure my bulk exerted on my poor wee feet (I'm only a 41... or 7 in old money) Well I tried them on the other day and they certainly didn't see too uncomfortable. Mind you, they have pointed toes and I have very wide feet, so I certainly wouldn't want to wear them all night if I could help it :laugh:
  • mailoveschayzen
    Options
    Lol I'm hoping for the same :) thanks everyone for the replies much appreciated!!! :)))
  • kysassyblonde1
    Options
    I have gone from a size 10 to a size 9. Hoping to get down to a 8.5. 18 years ago when I was preg with my daughter i went from a 8.5 to a 10 and it never came down till now. Only bad thing is all my shoes are too big and now I have to buy new shoes