Birthday=Day off?

Options
Today is my 21st birthday! I've eaten a healthy breakfast and lunch as well as did a good workout, but how do you guys feel about breaking a diet for dinner/dessert/drinks on a birthday? I'm very motivated, so I KNOW I won't continue to cheat. So, enjoy the birthday or stick to salad?

Thanks guys!

Replies

• NakedLunchTime
    Options
    Do it! Ill be 25 on Thurday and I am celebrating in Atlantic City! Damn right I will eat and drink what I want! :))
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,982 Member
    Options
    Absolutely celebrate. You only turn 21 once.
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Uhm 21st birthday? You seriously need to ask if it's ok to party and cheat on your diet??? Go crazy and have an amazing time! You only live once! HAVE FUN!! Happy Birthday!!!
  • ymachick
    ymachick Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    ktvaughn -First, Happy 21st Birthday! Second, enjoy your day. It only comes once and you can get back to salad and squats tomorrow. :drinker:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,982 Member
    Options
    ......and Happy Birthday! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I just turned 29 on last Thursday. I didn't go crazy but I didn't deny myself either.

Enjoy your day. 21 is a fun one, do it to it!
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! As long as you know you can get right back on track after your birthday, I don't see anything wrong with a day off to celebrate. The hard part is not letting it become two days, then three, then four...
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    It's your birthday... ENJOY YOURSELF :bigsmile:

There are certain days when you MUST NOT count calories and birthdays is the most import day.

You have 360 other days in the year to munch on a lettuce leaf and grimmace.

GO AND PARTY NOW!!!!

BTW.... Happy Birthday :flowerforyou:
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! Live it up!
    When my birthday came, I had anything I wanted that day...and lived to tell about it
  • THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I celebrated on my birthday!!! Just make sure you wake up and go back to real life the next day! My birthday is the day before halloween so I wake up and the next day there is candy everywhere...bLEH! Good luck girl & HAPPY 21ST BIRTHDAY!
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    most definately take the evening off, then get back on track tomorrow. Have fun, and Happy Birthday!
  • fmorpurgo
    Options
    As someone once said to me, some things are more important than calories-enjoy! :flowerforyou:
  • nilroctarp
    Options
    Happy birthday KT. my birthday happens to fall this week too. i am actually going to be taking a detour from the road to Svelte myself. going to the desert to hike and eat Mexican food (with a few cervezas thrown in the mix, i am sure). here's the deal. if this is simply a diet where you lose some weight for a particular upcoming event then you will likely gain it back. but if you want this to be more than a temporary loss, then it has to be a change in your life that you can live with. you can't sustain a life style over the long haul that denies you the pleasure of celebrating your birthday or some of the other holidays for that matter, either. i have the benefit of age and of doing this weight loss proscess wrong before. i was so gung-ho to lose the weight that i adopted a life style that i could not follow the rest of my life. don't make that mistake. have a party and then pay for that party by getting back on the treadmill tomorrow.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    On my 21st B-day I found out there was no ICE TEA in a Long Island Ice tea, and then I dont remember what happened after that. :p
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    It's one day. Enjoy it!
  • GkMusic
    GkMusic Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! I'd say enjoy your day! :)
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Calories don't exist on my birthdays.
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I didn't take a day off - ate a bit over though but not too bad... I'd rather have a thai massage than food :smile: