Just remind me that I'm making a good choice...

Options
My calories have been all over the place, but for the most part I'm so in fear of accidentally going over 1200 that I was staying under. I work out, so I know I need to eat at least that, I either run about a mile or do a 60 minute cardio workout every single day. I'm thinking of upping to 1300, today being the first day of that. Does this seem like a good choice? I'm so nervous that I'll gain weight that its making me nervous... Someone tell me this is good and that I'm not going to gain weight..

Replies

• AliasSha
    AliasSha Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    If you burn it off, which you are going to do by the exercise you listed, it will only help you.
  • youcandoitjess
    Options
    You're not going to gain weight, but you do need to make sure that you're taking back in what you've worked off so your body doesn't go into starvation mode and not allow you to lose weight... I don't know your stats or anything, but I know just in the last couple of days, I have increased my caloric intake by 250 and I have much more energy, burn more at the gym AND lose more on the scale...
  • tiffany0127
    tiffany0127 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I think that is a VERY good choice...I have always heard that eating below 1200 calories will stall your weight loss because your body thinks it's starving. If you are working out you would probably do better around 1500 calories but I think you should up it to 1300 and see how that goes for you for a couple weeks. Good luck and you will NOT gain weight!!
  • toasterlisa
    toasterlisa Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Do whatever MyFitnessPal tells you to do ...

It will calculate the number of calories that it thinks you should eat.
    Then add your daily exercise to your journal.
    It will then add some calories to your daily intake.

Don't eat less than 1,200 calories/day, unless you are already thin.

MFP gives me 1,230/day and even on the days that I exercise, I try to keep it at or just under 1,230. If I eat less than 1,200, it gives me a warning when I complete my journal for the day.

Best wishes on your health and wellness journey!
  • superxc55
    Options
    I am about 118 pounds and 5'3". I am thin, and at a healthy weight. I would like to lose another couple pounds in the process of just toning up, but that isn't my concern right now. For right now my focus is increasing my calories to something normal or of a maintenance level. I think that mentally I need to know that I will not have to eat 1200 calories forever to stay the weight I am. So I'd like to back off the dieting and increase a little almost to show myself that its okay, I won't gain because I eat a little more.