How do i get my calories up without adding crap into my diet

Options
:sad: *Based on your total calories consumed for today, you are eating too few calories. Not only is it difficult to receive adequate nutrition at these calorie levels, but you could also be putting your body into starvation mode. Starvation mode lowers your metabolism and makes weight loss more difficult. We suggest increasing your calorie consumption to 1,200 calories per day minimum.:sad:

I'm 14 Stone and 5'6" and struggled to eat 1100 calories today!!! Any suggestions on how to get over the 1,200 without adding crap food in?! Can't eat dairy as that's the obvious one :sad:

Replies

• elo83
    elo83 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Try adding nuts, veggies, fruit, peanut butter.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Fruit, nuts, peanut (or almond) butter, veggies....
  • Felbsies
    Felbsies Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Avocado, nuts, add a Tbsp of olive oil to salads or other foods (very healthy, 120 calories!), dark chocolate, chia seeds, coconut oil...
    Hope this helps!
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Do you like nuts? Avocado (if available). cook with Olive Oil. these are some of the foods I use to bring up my total and add healthy fats.
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    avocado!

Also, nuts, peanut butter, hummus...

I also use olive oil for cooking to help me get up there. :)
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I eat peanut butter when I'm under. So good!! :love:
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Olive oil, nuts, avocado, slightly larger portions of lean protein if you eat meat, whole grains, dark chocolate, nut butters, seeds.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, no dairy... Those were my first thoughts.

Nuts. Seeds. A serving of grilled chicken or fish added to a meal. Peanut butter. Fruit. Whole wheat bread. Something. Surely there's something you enjoy that you could add and feel good about having at treat while meeting your calorie goals?
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    just eat 10% more of everything you're eating already.
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    two words.....

Peanut butter Mmmmmmmmmmmm
    Nutella.........????
  • hojo94
    hojo94 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at it?
    I found that in my week or two, I could not force myself to eat 1,200 calories. I felt sick!
    But then, all of a sudden, I felt hungry. And had to eat. I think it was my body realizing that it needed fuel or something....
    So, if just started, give it a few days.

Also, a piece of wheat toast with 1TBSP of peanut butter is a great evening snack if you need to hit your goal (I still have it often!)
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Protein powder, you don't have to mix it with milk or even water (I think that one taste kinda yuck) but you can mix it in with yogurt, cream cheese, smoothies.
  • lornathewizzard
    lornathewizzard Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Try to balance it out through the day, a little extra at breakfast, lunch and dinner will be easier. Veggies are great, fruit, I personally like granola bars, nuts if you like them. Unfortunately, eating too little is not likely to do you any good in the long run.
  • liveinthemix
    liveinthemix Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I gotta go w/peanut butter too...

..now that I've typed that, I want some.. must..resist!
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Dairy like yummy cheese; i was waaaay under tonight so had cheese on toast, my ultimte comfort food.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    eat more of what you're already eating
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Definitely try fruit, nuts, healthy fats. A quick protein smoothie is great if you just don't feel like eating more, add a little ground flax or chia seeds to it. Also if you are only having 3 meals per day try adding a couple mini-meals like an apple and nut butter, or veggies and hummus. Be sure you eat back your calories from any exercise you do.
  • Rain_Howard
    Options
    Are you hungry? Is your body telling you you need more to eat or is it an equation figured out by a computer?