How could this happen

I was getting so close to goal, and I kind of let myself slip up a little this weekend.. But I don't understand how I could have gained 6 LBS!!
I did not eat that much extra..
I just don't get it

Replies

• Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    I'm up 5lbs after a crummy weekend :frown:
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Eating more typically means eating crappier, which means higher sodium and drinking less water, which means water retention, which means an increase on the scale. Drink more water and it'll come back off.
  • Eating more typically means eating crappier, which means higher sodium and drinking less water, which means water retention, which means an increase on the scale. Drink more water and it'll come back off.

*high fives*

WATER WEIGHT, WATER WEIGHT, oh, and did i mention? WATER WEIGHT.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Water weight
    Insulin etc
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Drink a lotof water today, and flush it all outta you. Im sure in 2 days youll be back to where you were, or only a poundor two difference.
  • schaacker
    schaacker Posts: 20 Member
    I changed my weigh-in day from Monday to Tuesday because I always weigh a bit more on Monday after the weekends splurges. No need to panic!
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    I did the same thing- in five days I was down 2 pounds from where I was before the...Yep! WATER WEIGHT!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    I dunno.. did you accidentally eat about 21,000 calories over your TDEE? If so, you may have gained 6 lbs of fat.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    It's nearly impossible to eat 17,500 calories EXTRA in one weekend, which is what you would have needed to do to gain 5 pounds of actual fat. Don't worry about it. As others said, it's just water weight :D You probably ate more carbs and sodium than usual. Relax.. drink some water, you'll be back to normal in no time :D
  • joseph9
    joseph9 Posts: 328 Member
    What everybody else said. If you're an optimist, then it's just water gain. (If you're a pessimist, then 6 or so pounds of your loss to date is water loss).

Either way, a few clean weeks should get you back on track.
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    I went a little off on Friday night but I just drank tons of water and today I am eating lighter than my normal to help with some of the excess sodium that my body is keeping for itself!
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Water. My Runner's World magazine (ok, my WIFE's magazine) suggests a swing of 2-3% of your body weight in a day is water weight. Don't sweat it.
  • what everyone else says ..... water weight! start chugging that water :happy:
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    I gained 5 lbs. after an entire week of eating to maintenance calories. This morning I woke up and was down 3.2 lbs. so I'm only 1.8 above my lowest. I think for me it was stress, sodium and extra calories. It will go away if you stick with it. :)
  • I am glad you guys say it is just water weight and it should come off fairly easily. I, too, have gained back some weight and am sadden by it. Good to know that it isn't the end of the world...or my weight loss. =)
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    How long since you pooped?
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    99% of the diets out there dont talk about a cheat meal/weekend. Too much weightloss will cause you to stall.
    Your body is extremely smart and knows how to hold onto fat because youve been cutting below maint calories.
    Please for the love of god have a cheat meal once a week or have a whole weekend and eat whatever you want.
    Youll love the results when it kickstarts your metabolism!

=D
    HUGS!
  • Ebbykins
    Ebbykins Posts: 420 Member
    How long since you pooped?

Bahahah, :D.