bloody terrified!

Options
hi all! i'm sophie, and this is my first attempt at losing weight. i'd like to point out that the picture is an old one, and i'm looking to be about that size again.

my problem is that i'm scared i'm going to relapse straightaway. i just need a bit of a push for the willpower i think. so feel free to be-friend me, especially if you're new too, and especially if you're good at telling people what to do! i need the force!

good luck to you all and hope to be speaking to you :)

soph x

Replies

• liveinthemix
    liveinthemix Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! You'll find plenty of support here!
  • lornathewizzard
    lornathewizzard Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    There's no need to be terrified! You'll do just fine. Don't rush yourself, get some exercise on the go and you'll start rocking and rolling!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Be sure to take a pic of you now so you can look back and say "That was me?!"
    If you need any help loosing weight the safe and recommended way let me know.
    I can help you.

Hugs!
    And good luck!
    Dan
  • sryan8408
    Options
    The key is to take it one day at a time. Try to weekly add something new that you're going to try to do to stay healthy, whether it be drinking 8oz of water, making sure you get in at least 30 min of exercise a day, or to eat 5 servings of fruit and veggies in one day. And don't let one bad decision ruin your whole day, week, or month. You can do this! I promise you! And every time you feel like you cant, check out the success stories. Thats what I do.

Good luck!
  • sophiercook
    sophiercook Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    wow! what a response already! and there was me thinking this was going to be a lonely trek! thanks so much guys, means a lot x
  • jonzo21
    jonzo21 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Be sure to take a pic of you now so you can look back and say "That was me?!"
    If you need any help loosing weight the safe and recommended way let me know.
    I can help you.

Hugs!
    And good luck!
    Dan

this ^

I realize I tended to avoid cameras back when I was 40lbs heavier. I was embarrassed of pictures. But now that I'm getting in better shape I don't mind taking pictures as much, and like to compare my before and after... its great motivation, and now I wish I had kept some of my older pictures for more comparisons. You may not like how you look now, but take some pictures (even for your own personal viewing!) to keep track of your progress. Because you may not notice changes in the mirror right away, but when you set the pictures side by side, you will see the progress you've made, if only small :)
  • sinistertitan
    sinistertitan Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Sophie! You're in the right place for exceptional tools and support! It's kind of crazy for me. You get buddies on here (more than likely people you've never met) and you just don't want to let them down! Sure, I've had my slips, but that in itself is great motivation!

Best wishes to you on your journey!
  • scorpiogirl100
    Options
    You can do this....try many exercises so you don't get bored...drink lots of water...are ya ready?? let's do this!!!!!
  • tena1028
    tena1028 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi Sophie. we can do this! There are some great motivating people on this site! I will friend you and we can do this together!

--Tena :smile:
  • GliderGirl
    Options
    [quote/]

this ^

I realize I tended to avoid cameras back when I was 40lbs heavier. I was embarrassed of pictures. But now that I'm getting in better shape I don't mind taking pictures as much, and like to compare my before and after... its great motivation, and now I wish I had kept some of my older pictures for more comparisons. You may not like how you look now, but take some pictures (even for your own personal viewing!) to keep track of your progress. Because you may not notice changes in the mirror right away, but when you set the pictures side by side, you will see the progress you've made, if only small :)
    [/quote]

I have to be honest, this might be the best advice i have seen. . . and also the hardest for me to follow. People around me are telling me they see a difference. . . but i always think they say it to make me feel better or something. (i lost 15 before getting back on here) so maybe if i do the photo trick I will start to believe them? . . . hopefully.

and GOOD LUCK!! there is way more support on here than you know. and i love when random people push me. . . its exactly the thing i need. =D
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I was scared when I first tried as well... then I fell....
    Scared the second, third, fourth, fifth.... God, I've lost count how many times I've failed.

This time is different. I've said that to myself so many times in the past, but this time is truly different. I'm a month into this new lifestyle change and can finally pinpoint why: I am compromising what I never compromised before to better myself.

- I go to the gym on my lunchbreaks three times a week,
    - I eat fish because its high in protein and low in carbs, three times a week after my workouts (I HATE SEAFOOD AND THIS ISN'T CHANGING)
    - i walk home everyday (30 mins 1.2 km walk)
    - I've cut out all fast food and soft drinks
    - I cook all of my own dinner meals to make sure they're healthy
    - And I use this website to count my calories - I used to think counting calories was stupid, but I have to say... I just gave it a shot this time and it really worked out for me. My problem was I just didn't know how to portion meals as I've always overeaten out of habit... this website has given me the gift of being able to determine healthy portions.

I say all of this because the only reason you would be terrified is because you are terrified to fail. But for me, failing has giving me the gift of hindsight. I can skip all of potholes that I failed at in the past, and make it this time. If you're story is anything like this, then I promise you this will be as true for you!

And have fun! Know that whatever has motivated you to start will be enough to motivate you to continue!!