Creamy Cocoa-Protein Pudding

Options
So I was feeling creative this evening, and since the kids are still up, I decided to put my talents to use... in the kitchen.

1 3/4 c. milk (raw, whole)
1 c. Chobani nonfat plain yogurt
4 T. cornstarch
2 scoops whey protein powder
2 eggs
1 T. pure vanilla extract
1/4 c. Special Dark cocoa
1/4 c. regular hersheys cocoa
1/4 c. Stevia powder

In a pot, whisk together the milk and cornstarch over medium heat on the stovetop. Whisk in the yogurt, vanilla, cocoa powders, stevia, and protein. When it begins to get heated through and a little thick, scoop 1/2 c. of the hot mixture into a separate bowl and whisk in with the eggs. Add the egg mixture to the pot, whisking constantly. Stirring constantly, cook another 2-3 minutes until thickened and bubbly (do not boil).

Voila! Creamy Cocoa protein pudding. Makes 4 servings. Or 2. Chill thoroughly, top with chopped almonds.

I also added 1 tsp. instant coffee. You could make the same base and omit the chocolate, adding in pumpkin, honey, and spices; like a crustless pumpkin pie. All the good stuff's there!

Cal/ea: 262 carb: 24 fat: 8 protein: 23 fiber: 5 iron: 20

Replies

• Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    This sounds great! Thanks!
  • divainme
    divainme Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love pudding .,.... thanks, I'll write this one down.
  • MarshallCroft
    Options
    ennaejay,

You are a Mad Genius!! You know, the cool type!! Any other healthful snacks (or even meals) that you have in your Book of Potions? Do you have a way to make protein chips?
  • ennaejay
    ennaejay Posts: 575
    Options
    ennaejay,

You are a Mad Genius!! You know, the cool type!! Any other healthful snacks (or even meals) that you have in your Book of Potions? Do you have a way to make protein chips?

chips are good enough on their own - if it ain't broken, don't fix it :-D We like corn chips around here, you want protein, just add CHEDDAH! :wink: