Helloooo!!

Options
Hi Everyone!
I am fairly new to this site, 5 days new to be exact & I can honestly say that I am loving 'MyFitnessPal'! This online community is one that is like no other. I'm here to shed 20lbs, I've already lost 2lbs...YAY!! This website keeps me motivated to do well on my weight loss journey, I'm excited to log in and record what it was I ate or did for exercise. I hope all of you are doing well on your journeys! Feel free to add me, I would love to have some constant motivation and also provide some as well. Have a great day!!..:flowerforyou:

---Jessica

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    We are all here for you. But it's all up to you. Good luck on your journed. :drinker:
  • Thank you so much dls06...You're absolutely right, it is up to me! Good luck to you as well! & Congrats on the 33lbs weight loss!
  • shortynessa21
    Options
    Hey! Welcome =) I totally feel ya...This is a great site to keep you on your feet and help stay motivated!! Good luck to you!
  • Thank you shortynessa21! I appreciate your kind words & the friend request! Congrats on your weight loss!..=]
  • natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Best of luck! This is my first week also. I will add you.
  • Thank you! & Best of luck to you as well!!..=]
  • TMasticTB
    TMasticTB Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just started here but my fiancee has been here for over a year and absolutely loves this site. I got a wake-up call when I put all of my food into my food diary and saw how much I was over-eating. Here's to a better future! Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • Hey whitewolf1218x! Yeah, seems like we pretty much got the same wake-up call! I'm learning a lot from this site! Congrats on the 35 lbs weight loss, can't wait till I'm there!..=]
  • TMasticTB
    Options
    Hey whitewolf1218x! Yeah, seems like we pretty much got the same wake-up call! I'm learning a lot from this site! Congrats on the 35 lbs weight loss, can't wait till I'm there!..=]

Heh, I appreciate it, but that's 35 to go! Just started yesterday actually. Went from 3000ish calories per day (gah!!) to just under 2000 yesterday (looking to lose 1 pound/week, normally a 2500 calorie diet for guys of my size) and was able to make it throughout the day without feeling like I was starving. Also, drank 8 glasses of water yesterday; I don't think I've drank that much water outside of playing sports. But that had to make a difference!
  • Oops..Sorry, I read it wrong! I'm still struggling with the 8 glasses of water requirement, lol! Sounds like you have everything mapped out..Good for you! Can't wait to hear about your progress.
  • TMasticTB
    Options
    Thanks! With the water, you can always mix it up - I usually have a pitcher (or two) of crystal light iced teas and other flavors in the fridge - 5 calories per serving, they taste great, and really help out getting to 8+ glasses of water everyday. If anything, it breaks the monotony of water over and over and over again, lol.
  • Good idea, I'll keep that in mind! Thanks for the tip!
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Welcome, great luck and a friend request is on the way!
  • JaredBergeron
    JaredBergeron Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • shawnscott5
    shawnscott5 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! You are going to love it here! Go ahead and add me, I will encourage as much as possible!!
  • StacyB150
    StacyB150 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me if you want. I started this site on and off for a while now, and now its time for me to get serious. I've found a lot of inspiration on this site! Good Luck! You're gonna do awesome!
  • Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for all the wonderful support & friend requests! The support is very appreciated, I can't wait to support & motivate you all as well!..=]
  • wilkinsclan07
    Options
    Hi! Nice to meet you all! I was here a few months ago but had an unsuccessful weight journey :(( Ended up gaining 5 lbs instead of losing any and succumbing to all the fast food and sweet treats that make me happy until I just feel tired, bloated, and sick of it!!! Feel free to add me as a friend if you like!! :))) Good weight journey to all of you!
  • hepburn51632
    Options
    Welcome!
    Say, regarding the water...I cut lemon slices and put a slice with water in a large wine glass. It makes so much more fun to drink water.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Welcome to a great site for support & resources. I'll drop you a FR, but in your accepting, I ask in return that you stay focused on what you want, committed to achieving, be prepared for a Blunt honest answer.

To lose it, and do it right, you have to make the right choices and act upon them. There is only one person involved that directly effects your journey....YOU.

IF YOU WANT IT, GET IT.