Over 50 friends?

Options
HI all. I'm over 50 and need to lose 80 lbs. I was always active in my younger life but some health problems and arthritis has sidelined me lately. I lost 65 lbs 9 years ago and felt great but have gained it back plus an extra 5. Arrrggghhhh! Would love some friends in my general age group and weight loss goals to buddy up with for support and inspiration.

Friend me or direct me to a group that is similar. Looking forward to hearing from others like me. Maybe we can talk about our grandkids and how we want to be active with them!

Replies

• groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I'll be 50 in Feb...Does that come close enough? Add me if you like.
  • CathiAnne
    CathiAnne Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm 60 (I hope that's not too old for you!) and we are expecting our first grandchild on December 20th. I'll talk grandkids and weight! Friend me if you wish.
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I just turned 50 last week. Feel free to add me if you like. :flowerforyou:
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I turn 50 Sunday. Add me if you'd like.
  • Skyechild12345
    Options
    I'm on the front side of 60 (will be 58 in February). You can add me, too. 8-)
  • benefielddan
    Options
    Hi Samantha - Feel free to add me as a friend if you want. I too am looking to lose quite a bit of weight. (over 100lbs) Will be fun to follow one anothers journey. You can do it!
  • sadennis5
    Options
    Hi Samantha
    I just resigned up after doing nothing for the last few months. I am 54 and have 3 grandchildren so please add me to your friend list.
  • mombiscuit
    Options
    Hi. I'm over 50 (52 to be exact) and would love to have some online friends to help with this weight loss journey. I have about 75 lbs to lose though right now I'm going to focus on the 35 lbs to get under 200 lbs. I haven't been under 200 lbs since my 2nd child was born - ON my 30th birthday!
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like!
  • titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'll be the big 5-0 come January, add me if you like.
  • EZfitter
    Options
    Hi there: I am 50 and would love to share support :):happy:
  • samantha1953
    samantha1953 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Come join us on the Group "Fit After 50!" board. Welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you. We're a great group, full of fun and support!
  • luvtabasco
    luvtabasco Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 54 and will have my first grandchild in June. Add me if you like!
  • Tamie_Girl
    Tamie_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Let's be friends because I'll be 50 in April 2012. I want to get to my goal weight by then too.

I live in Baltimore, MD

:drinker:
  • marilyn07
    marilyn07 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I want to join too! I am over 50 and have four grandchildren ( 5, 3, 9 mo & 3 wks). I am restarting AGAIN after letting things go for too long. Tomorrow is my day to be back at it! I am sticking to 1200 calories and at least 50 mins. exercise 5 days a week. I would love to be friends with all of you and talk weight loss, family, grandchildren etc. I need major motivation!!
  • samantha1953
    samantha1953 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Come find us in the "Fit After 50!" Group Message Board.
  • AlanWarren
    Options
    55 and eighty pounds to lose, go for it :smile: Got to find that over fifty group you mentioned
  • wmbuoni
    Options
    Hi:

We are all in this together, even if weight loss over 50 sometimes is a challenge. A healthy body is better than consuming large portion sizes and high calorie foods

I'm 56 years old and have been to Weight Watchers on 3 episodes in 20 years and successfully lost about 20 lbs each time. It is time to start in again and lose 18 lbs - this time with Myfitnesspal.com. The fit after 50 group sounds great - I'm happy to join in.
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    50 in April. Sounds like a similar story but I won't have grand kids for a while. My son is almost 14. I have a thyroid problem and joint problems as well, probably gout. Several years ago I also lost 65 pounds. I don't even remember what it was like. I have been doing this for a little over a month and I've lost almost 17 pounds. the main thing is that I have increased the exercise a lot and I definitely don't hurt as much as I did before!! I am looking forward to being able to move and feel good. Friend me if you like.
  • rebsaganes
    rebsaganes Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just turned 51 last week. Add me if you like, I am very supportive and on here everyday.:flowerforyou: