just joined today..

Options
my goal is to loose at least 100 pounds... I am 41 years old struggling with weight gain.. looking for support and advice and ideas to be able to eat smart but same time loose the weight properlly..

Replies

• benefielddan
    Options
    Welcome. I too, am looking to lose over 100 lbs and joined this site just a few days ago. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like to follow one anothers journey. :smile:
  • dragonssoftballmom
    Options
    I just joined on Friday. I will be 40 next week. I too am struggling, but this app sure has helped motivate me. I hope it motivates you too! My friend has lost over 50 lbs. I hope to do the same. Good luck!
  • kbrand45
    Options
    Hi - tired of being uncomfortable in my jeans and saw this and joined. I obly want to lose about 30 pounds but just can't seem to get motivated. I sit behind a desk all day and eat. Need new habits! And need to get moving. Wish me luck!:grumble:
  • lizardalizarda
    lizardalizarda Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Joined yesterday. I want to lose 33 lbs.
  • gersoco
    gersoco Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the party!! Please feel free to add me as a friend!!
    I'm a noob too. Tho I been here just 4 days, the support and the motivation and the tools I've received here has been brilliant!
    Good luck on this crazy trip we're on!
  • stufie
    stufie Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have only been on here for a week but hopefully you find this site as helpful and supportive as I have so far!
  • santini1975
    santini1975 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've really enjoyed this site. Everyone here is great! It's like having your own cheerleaders :) feel free to add me
  • bella7114
    Options
    Hi... I am 46 and my goal is at least 100 lbs as well. I need support as well. I am so tired of being fat... or really clinically obese.
    I just saw a picture of myself ... oh my my my... .. any support would be wonderful.
  • AineAoife
    Options
    Just found this site and am hoping to use it as a tool. I have already lost about 10 pounds on my own.
    Any advice would be much appreciated.
  • marianena
    Options
    Hi. I just joined a two weeks ago, but this is my first email. I am 46 years old. I need to lose 20 pounds, so far I lost 3.5 pounds. Good Luck to everyone.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This is a great site for support and resources. I'll drop you a FR. But I ask that you stay committed, active, and focused on what you want.
  • jsharpnack
    jsharpnack Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!!! Joining MFP was the best thing that ever happened to my health, I am down 7 pounds losing about a half to 1lb per week with hypothyroidism....I am 38 and everything just quit working right. I feel so much cleaner watching what I eat and logging my excercize. it has gotten to be fun! Enjoy the ride!
  • lidageorge
    lidageorge Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You sound like me! I started my weight loss journey in Jan. I had 30 lbs I wanted to loose. I was just eating less but not working out. I lost 7 lbs by march ( not bad but not great) I then started doing p90x workouts. I have now lost 27 lbs and like 4 sizes! only 3-5 lbs to go an one size!!!! You can do it. It really does just take habit changes. btw I am 36 and have a hubby and 4 kids.
  • klopiccolo1
    klopiccolo1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :smile: I have been here since July of this year and am looking to loose about 109 lbs total. I love this site and am about 10lbs away from being 1/2 way.... Feel free to add me for some support and congrats on taking the first step.
  • lizardalizarda
    lizardalizarda Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    lost 6 lb so far! yay