Share Your Easter Calories

Options
2»

Replies

• amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    This weekend was a triple celebration (one reason being Ironic) so I ate bad all weekend. Saturday was my mother's birthday... and I haven't been home with her to celebrate one for quite awhile; of course, Sunday being Easter... BUT (heres the ironic part of celebration eating... I made my goal 125)

Anyway... I didn't log in because I was at their house & away from my computer, I knew I'd be over and bad. I bought a cheese cake for my mother's birthday cake and made an Easter Basket for them with Reeses PB eggs, mini chocolate bunnies & gelly beans... well, my dad had bought a big traditional sheet cake, my mom knowing we were coming over for both occasions had bought a pie, cherry cheese cake, ice cream & m & ms. Then of course, ham, au grautin potatoes, buns, green beans, & alcohol drinks.

i did manage to go for a walk today & burned 313 calories.

Ugh... I feel so sick, tired & cranky and I keep having these flashes where my face gets hot and red but the rest of me doesn't.... ??? Weird.
  • farmgirlh
    farmgirlh Posts: 240
    Options
    I worked out this morning so I had 1540 today.
  • farmgirlh
    farmgirlh Posts: 240
    Options
    Congratulations on your goal!!
  • pfeif21
    pfeif21 Posts: 27
    Options
    well- i am supposed to stay within 1380 calories .. and after splurging today i stayed at 1340. the funny thing is, i know that eating the way i ate today makes me GAIN weight. I have been following my guidelines. I have stayed at or a litle below 1200 or 1250 calories and I have been doing cardio and taking boot camp classes at the gym and it just keeps going UP!!!!!!!!! help me out here guys!!!???:sad: because this is just killing me. I am 15 lbs heavier than i was last year. I am 5'5 and i weight 145. Last year I was 129 to 130 i bounced. This is killing me!
  • becbec71
    becbec71 Posts: 136
    Options
    1511 for me. only 311 over and I didnt bother with excercise. I stayed away from the candy and skipped lunch. Small breakfast too. The bulk of my calories were from dinner. But I am ok with what I went over and its back to the grindstone tomorrow. Luckily it was at my mother in laws so no left overs and I made dessert and left that there too!!
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    I don't know my calorie count for the day. I know I ate foods I don't eat regularly. I know that healthful things were in all the dishes because I made them. I know I will not eat like this everyday, I know I will not eat like this tomorrow. I did make a new dish pineapple coleslaw. Has some real possibilities as a low cal. good nutrition dish, which you could add a little chicken etc. I do know my sugar levels are too high for the day. Have just finished a moderate workout. Throughly enjoyed my family today,
    enjoyed my church service this morning. It was a great day!!!
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Ok So here is what I am getting from this thread.

We are all learning a LOT from logging our calories. I feel that the more we know, the less often the food fests will occur.

Today I ate 1582 in cals. I shoot for 1200-1500 and I exercised.

Now what did I eat??? I aint telling!!

:smokin:
    I wanna know!!
    Me! Me! Me!dancegirl2.gif
  • DawnInOhio
    DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Just figure out mine...I'm at 1359 and STARVING, we ate way to early...we usually eat at 7, so 4 leaves my stomach thinking my dinner is coming

We did very well modifiying the recipes, so it could have been worse. my mom is maintaining on MFP and I'm losing my dad is diabetic...hubby still underweight, but he had 3 ensures when we got home..sooo...
    I came home and did the cardio with bob on demand...loved it!!! And I preplanned a perfect day for tomorrow all is pack and planned for so we shall see...

BTW I won the biggest loser contest at my gym last week, I lost 1.38 percent of my weight....wow, I'd be below the yellow line on that rate. HUH?:blushing: :blushing:
  • TheMeatman
    Options
    well- i am supposed to stay within 1380 calories .. and after splurging today i stayed at 1340. the funny thing is, i know that eating the way i ate today makes me GAIN weight. I have been following my guidelines. I have stayed at or a litle below 1200 or 1250 calories and I have been doing cardio and taking boot camp classes at the gym and it just keeps going UP!!!!!!!!! help me out here guys!!!???:sad: because this is just killing me. I am 15 lbs heavier than i was last year. I am 5'5 and i weight 145. Last year I was 129 to 130 i bounced. This is killing me!

How long have you been on your current workout plan? You have to remember that muscle weighs more than fat, so you could be shedding fat and building lean muscle...

As for today, I got in 1940 cals, and was over by 230. That includes a regular southern breakfast of Biscuits, with Eggs and Gravy + Turkey sausage patties. Didn't eat lunch. Had the traditional Easter dinner, Ham, Yams, Potato Salad, Deviled Eggs, Cole Slaw, and Mac N Cheese. I was pretty proud of myself last night though. I stayed up until midnight cooking, and didn't sample anything...My wife was a willing taste tester for me :tongue:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I was all ready to pig out today and then my cousins stupid giant pitbull dog decided that it wanted to use my 5 pound yorkie as a play toy. I've never heard my dog scream before today. It was totally disturbing and totally destroyed ANY amount of hunger that I had. I barely at a thing!!!! :ohwell:
  • Delaina1
    Delaina1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I only went 206 cals over my goal but I skipped breakfast and dinner! :grumble: So I went that far over with just lunch and a snack...I tried to do some exercise but I'm not sure how much it helped bc it was storming and I only did a little inside. I'm starving right now! I'm not used to not having dinner!...I told myself I wasn't going to log today but I never go a day without logging and I was SO curious! I just had to! And I'm glad I did bc I used to eat like that all the time and I never knew how bad it actually was! Now I know how I gained so much weight!

Not to mention I went a couple hundred cals over on Friday too!....this weekend was just not good!

We should just all be really good the rest of the week!

180909.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • TheGuardian
    TheGuardian Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I ate 3600ish calories today... 3490 in MFP plus there are a couple little candies I ate that I wasn't sure how to enter them. Even with my workout that put me over by about 1500. Yikes!
  • beyondchowhound
    beyondchowhound Posts: 2,102 Member
    Options
    approx. 2400 calories today. Will just start again tomorrow and hope today didn't do too much damage.
  • pdj1220
    pdj1220 Posts: 175
    Options
    I had 2,179 calories, but that was with estimating what I had for portions at a brunch. With my exercise credits, I was budgeted for 2,350 - so not to bad.
  • Shadowpaws
    Shadowpaws Posts: 109
    Options
    Maybe about 1,200 at the most.

I'm not a big easter eater anymore now that I'm weight-conscious. :wink:

No candy!
  • dricotta1
    dricotta1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I loved reading these posts. Hooray for the people who binged and just said "Oh well, back on for tomorrow" I tried to log, just to see and was more than 1000 cals over my usual. But I really enjoyed it and went back to exercise and consciousness this morning. We all need a break sometimes or it's just toooo haaaard!!! Be kind to yourselves and look at the longer picture. Diane
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Not even going to try, lol. I make it a habit not to track on the day of a holiday... I'll make up for it later anyways :)