Rockin' the wisdom tooth diet. LOL

Options
Unexpectedly had two wisdom teeth pulled late this afternoon. First stop was to the Smoothie King for a 732 calorie high protein shake. LOL. I was STARVING and had 1400 calories to go for the day. I'm still way under...and hungry...but scared to screw up my teeth. I don't want dry sockets! Any suggestions??

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I ate a lot of pudding and apple sauce... cottage cheese as well :D Yum! Feel free to indulge in some ice cream, or make a home-made smoothie! Throw everything you're craving into a blender and see what happens :D
    I hope your mouth feels better!
  • andreacord
    Options
    I ate a lot of pudding and jello for the first few days and mashed potatoes as well. Made some protein shakes and smoothies, and soup when the stinging wore off a little bit and then pasta after that =) Wishing you a speedy recovery !
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Nothing that requires chewing... Don't suck on things either (Straws included!!) I had a molar out and I had a bean and cheese burrito and fries from Del Taco afterwards... I tore off tiny pieces and smushed the fries in my mouth... I suggest NOT eating those things... :-P
  • sweetyJ
    Options
    Poor you...I remember when I had my wisdom tooth pulled, and half my face was swollen and shaped squarely and the other half is round. :laugh:

I remember drinking a lot of soup (pumpkin...my favorite), but make sure it is not too hot, because you don't want the blood to unclot in your gums.

Feel better!:flowerforyou:
  • houzkat
    Options
    I agree with the smoothie and applesauce. You'll want super soft foods but for heaven's sake don't use a straw! Not even a little bit. I got dry socket from that and I can't quite explain how much that hurts!
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    .... the wisdom teeth diet is how I feel in love with 60cal sugar free dark chocolate pudding.... and jello.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    When I had my wisdom teeth out at 17, I got done with a surgery, went home and ate a turkey sandwich.. plus took a cruise around the mall 2 hrs later... and I had no dry sockets, swelling, anything... I was perfectly fine.

Most will say soft foods, but I say eat what you want.. as long as you chew with mainly the front teeth and rinse really well after each meal, you'll be ok...
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want...

Just remember to rinse with salt water a few times a day!

Feel better...and don't forget to ice your face....
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Feel better!

I know i did a lot of pudding/soup/shakes and stuff when I got mine out almost 12yrs ago, just take your time do what you can most of all get your rest and recover and be ready to kick it high gear when your recovered =)
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I agree with the smoothie and applesauce. You'll want super soft foods but for heaven's sake don't use a straw! Not even a little bit. I got dry socket from that and I can't quite explain how much that hurts!

Yes, no straws. And I also ended up with dry socket, on a Friday night, so no relief until Monday. The good news is the treatment worked great, by the time I walked out of the office I was 1000xs better.
    I can't help with the diet, I at Wendy's chicken strips and fries the whole time, it was all I had an appetite for.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Hehe. I can't have that diet. Wisdom teeth have never existed in my mouth. I didn't even know it was possible until I had a new dentist a few years back take a look at my x-rays, pause, turn them, pause again and finally say, "You never got your wisdom teeth. They were never there." LOL
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    No food tips, but the best ice-your-face tip ever. Drop an ice pack down each leg of an old pair of pantyhose, put the crotch on top of your head, and tie the legs under your chin. Looks ridiculous but it works so well!