First day of my "New Life"

Options
Hi everyone!
My friend told me about this community today, she has had so much success and is my inspiration. I keep putting everything off until "tomorrow", and making excuses - but I need to change now! I never had weight problems until after having my beautiful children. They are my motivation for everything, I need to be healthy to allow them to live healthy and to be a positive role model! I want to be able to run and play with them, and keep up with whatever their little hearts desire to do! I have been "beginning" healthy eating habits and workout routines off and on for almost 3 years now, never fully following through because I have had hardly any support and have been in denial on just how out of control my habits have spiraled, as well as setting unrealistic goals for myself.
Now I will take it one day at a time, giving at least 30 minutes to myself each day to achieve what I want to achieve! My husband is in the Navy, works long hours and is also going to school almost full time - while I stay home with our babies, who are 9 months and 2 1/2 years old. I am so blessed with the life I have, and need to learn to have more appreciation in myself and more confidence in who I am. I really hope this is the first day of my new forever.. I hope to find a great support system through this seemingly friendly and motivational community!!

Replies

• gnntake123
    Options
    Hi there, welcome to mfp, I am not really long on here myself. It does help to have someone or something to look at when your trying to hang on by yourself. I get discouraged and then I sit and read posts. blogs, etc. and gets me fired up again. So come on lets lose weight and be healthy. Denise
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! This is a great place to start. I, like yourself, have tried many things to try and get into better shape and lose weight. Some worked, but I always gained the weight back. Here, there is constant support which makes you WANT to keep pushing to better yourself. Everyone here knows where you are coming from and understands the constant struggles we all encounter with weight loss. I think you will be very happy here! If you need a friend or some extra support, feel free to add me! :)
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I could have written your post. My husband is ex navy, but now works as a Corrections Officer. I've battled weight issues most of my life, but after having my youngest i held onto all the weight. Our boys are 4.5, 2.5, 1.5 .A friend of mine had great success on here too and she told me about this site!

Good luck to you!
  • catfan
    catfan Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Im sure you will do great on your journey:flowerforyou:
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Another beautiful power mama! :) Welcome to the site... Your friend is absolutely right. I have been here for only a few months, but I still few super motivated. The people here are supportive and encouraging than anybody you ever known (some of us think it's better than our partners :P) Anyway! As long as you don't give up and keep coming in here, I'm sure you'll reach to your goal in no time! Cheers! :D