Another Newbie Here

Options
:flowerforyou: Hello Everyone I am Debbie from the Philly area. I have struggled with weight all my life, born a premie and my mom fattened me up to a butterball by the time I was 3 months old. That set the pace of my life. Lose weight, gain weight! I am trying again to do it myself and maybe this site can help me keep it off. I was going to get a lapband, but when my X hubby dropped me off his insurance without telling me, things got screwed up.
I have two sons, ages 21 and 28 who are both thin, as is everyone in my family! I am just the oddball. HAHA! I have met a wonderful man now and we are going to be married on July 4th! I will have two step children to look after again. Between us we have 4 dogs, 1 cat and 2 birds. We ride motorcycles and he is restoring an old car which I am helping as best I can! haha!
I really want to look good, I know I will not be a fashion model, but I just want to look nice and feel healthy! I go to Curves and do an exercise tape everyday. I plan to increase my activity too! Wish me luck!
Anyone from NE Philly or Glen Mills area who want to be fitness buddies.. I am here for you!

Replies

• DebbsHereNow
    DebbsHereNow Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello Everyone I am Debbie from the Philly area. I have struggled with weight all my life, born a premie and my mom fattened me up to a butterball by the time I was 3 months old. That set the pace of my life. Lose weight, gain weight! I am trying again to do it myself and maybe this site can help me keep it off. I was going to get a lapband, but when my X hubby dropped me off his insurance without telling me, things got screwed up.
    I have two sons, ages 21 and 28 who are both thin, as is everyone in my family! I am just the oddball. HAHA! I have met a wonderful man now and we are going to be married on July 4th! I will have two step children to look after again. Between us we have 4 dogs, 1 cat and 2 birds. We ride motorcycles and he is restoring an old car which I am helping as best I can! haha!
    I really want to look good, I know I will not be a fashion model, but I just want to look nice and feel healthy! I go to Curves and do an exercise tape everyday. I plan to increase my activity too! Wish me luck!
    Anyone from NE Philly or Glen Mills area who want to be fitness buddies.. I am here for you!
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    Welcome aboard. I think you've made the right first step in taking charge of things and wish you the best of luck.

Are you a rider yourself or do you go as a passenger?
  • DebbsHereNow
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I ride motorcycles too but I really enjoy being a backrest! My fiance wants some times to ride alone or beside me, so I learned how to ride and got my license and 2 bikes! One is a Buell Blast and one is a cfmoto a totally automatic Chinese bike that is helping me build up confidence. I LOVE my fiance's (Charlie) Harley, but they are too big for me now.
    Thanks,
    Debbie
  • rileyreid
    Options
    good luck, 6lbs is a great start
  • jillholleysmith
    jillholleysmith Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    Does the Curves you attend have weight classes? That is a great way to sculpt (change fat to muscle) and it really increases your metabolism. Muscle uses up more calories than fat. You don't have to lift heavy. Start light and increase if you can. Many people misunderstand weights and think they will just make you bulk up. It's not so. Good luck and keep up the hard work.
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you! Sounds like you're off to a great start!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Hi Debbie, glad to meet you.You have a lot of wonderful things happening in your life right now. :drinker: Enjoy and good luck:flowerforyou:
  • rok_starr84
    Options
    :blushing: Hello everyone I just started dieting once again. I have been on almost every diet since I gained my weight baack. I usually start working out like a maniac, and eating fairly well and in 2 weeks slowly start to be more leaniant and quit watching what I eat. I guess I just need will power and a little more motiviation, although it is hard having a boyfriend that refuses to partcipate. I am determined to loose weight this time and not give up until I do. We live a block away from the beach and there is no reason for me not to look awesome in a bikini this season.

Take care all and good luck:happy:
  • DebbsHereNow
    Options
    :flowerforyou: thanks for all your wonderful comments! I really love this site, with all this encouragement I know I will succeed.
    AS far as weight training, when I lost 85 pounds 4 years ago, I went to the gym and worked with weights(I gained back half of it:ohwell: ) AFter I start to feel strong again from the workouts I am doing, I intend to go right back to Weight training, maybe in a few weeks.
    I wish food tasted horrible or had very little calories! haha!