Simple Question?

Options
Im new and i would like somebody with experience to help~
While working out for at least 60 mins every day which excercise would help me the best?
I also have a problem with not eating * I do not eat candy * I do not drink soda * I don't over eat but more than likely under eat
What should i do? I have been out of shape most of my life and my mother wants to get in shape to any good ideal workouts?

Thank you!! Wish you all luck <3

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Strength training
  • reba971
    Options
    I am not an expert, but it is my experience that if I under eat, I don't usually work out, it is not good for my body. If I eat more calories I work out to burn some of them off. I do not like work out videos so I do my exercise bike, or the treadmill. Both are great for cardio, which burns calories. I also do some weight lifting (strength training) because this is what will add muscle and muscle will continue to burn fat even after you stop working out. Oh and I always eat breakfast, and high protein breakfast really gets metabolism going for the day. This is what is working for me. I have lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks, so I am happy with it so far. I don't eat a lot of carbs and I do eat a lot of protein, but while still keeping my calories where they should be. Experiment with it until you find out what works for you. Low fat? Low calorie? Low carb? High protein?
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Also don't not eat things because you think they are bad. Just make sure you log the calories, and have things you enjoy! The more you enjoy it, the more likely you are to stick with it long term! :D
  • shaw409
    Options
    I agree with the strength training comment. Muscle dictates metabolism!