Fat, and healthy.

Options
I'm overweight. According to BMI, I am obese. I love my body, and I think I am a good looking girl. I know my food choices aren't healthy. My goal is to becoming healthy, and to feel good. I want to be less dependent on fast food, processed food, and TV dinners. I am looking to get active, and get healthy. Weight loss isn't my ultimate goal, but I know with healthy choices will come weight loss. I am focusing more on my self control then anything else.
People on my friend's list are losing weight, and working themselves to death exercising. I look at their diaries and majority of it is TV dinners, canned food, or something of that nature. I'm not going to judge someone else for their food choices, but I am looking for more friend who are on a general "health" journey - not completely weight loss related.

I'm 22, live in Northern CA, work at a grocery store, live with my BF & roommates. I am tattooed.

Who wants some friends?

Replies

• krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Very good to see you here! My BMI does not say that I am obese, but I feel lethargic and super tired all the time and I am only 24. I joined here for the exact same reason as you do. I try to eat as many home cooked meals as possible, workout 4 times a week and am looking for a lifestyle change. You are at the right place for what you want! :)
  • suewill12
    Options
    While my original goal when I started in January was to get healthy and lose weight; I found a new love for taking the meals that are SO bad for you and find ways to make them healthy (example chicken wing soup... I'm from Buffalo NY so wings are a staple food). I like being healthy but I WILL NOT eat salads for the rest of my life!
  • toniRAD
    toniRAD Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My goal is more towards health also. It's so much more important. I'll add you! :)
  • shankleefranklee
    Options
    While my original goal when I started in January was to get healthy and lose weight; I found a new love for taking the meals that are SO bad for you and find ways to make them healthy (example chicken wing soup... I'm from Buffalo NY so wings are a staple food). I like being healthy but I WILL NOT eat salads for the rest of my life!

SHARE! I love buffalo wings, and am dying to find a way to make them healthy!
  • VictoriousNicole
    VictoriousNicole Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I agree with you! Healthy is a lifestyle, not a diet. Though TV dinners are easy and quick, it's not a something you'll be using for life (would get bland after a while). Same goes for salad! We can change all the "bad" foods and make them good.
  • SmallerBecky
    Options
    Friend request sent! I completely agree!
  • Ccpena5
    Options
    I completely agree and why I joined as well. I want to make healthier choices, but Im not going to kill myself working out and or eat salads everyday. pff. I believe everything in moderation works for most ppl. It has been working for me. And i would love to be ur MFP buddy! :-)
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Im too in the obese range - even after dropping almost 21kgs. Im now a size 12, or medium and think I look fantastic. But I know Im still putting pressure on my body, so for that reason alone Im going to keep going.

I also look and see other people's diary and think wow! I stick to 1200 calories and people often ask me if Im hungry and Im not. I find that by keeping my food basic (ie, nothing processed!) I get to eat so much more than I ever did. Dont get me wrong, I dont live on salads and veggies - this has forced my partner and I to get creative in the kitchen - and we're loving it!!

I slug it out at the gym, but Ive found that I love going. I taken up running and playing netball as well. I love my healthier and more active lifestyle. And Ive lost 21kgs (46 pounds) in 7 months, with 3 holidays (breaks) in amongst it. Being healthy is not only better, but Ive found it more fun, cheaper, and interesting than my old life. (well except for the $1000 Ive spent buying a complete new wardbrobe since non of my old clothes fit!)
  • eytzen1
    Options
    Hi there, I'm new to this, in fact began this morning. I have friends that are looking amazing and have asked them what theyre doing to get the results they have. Well, this is it! So here I am and could use any community encouragement.
    Winter is coming and so are the holidays and I won't get any bigger. I am overweight by about 40 pounds and if I don't do something I know that number will keep going up, up, up! So here I am. And here we gooooooooooo !!!

Eytzen1
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm new to this, in fact began this morning. I have friends that are looking amazing and have asked them what theyre doing to get the results they have. Well, this is it! So here I am and could use any community encouragement.
    Winter is coming and so are the holidays and I won't get any bigger. I am overweight by about 40 pounds and if I don't do something I know that number will keep going up, up, up! So here I am. And here we gooooooooooo !!!

Eytzen1

All the best of luck! You sound like you have the motivation - woo hoo!!!! Its quite simple, takes a few days to get the hang of it, but my advice - think of it as a fun new game or challenge - dont think of it as an onconvenience, or too hard. And you'll fly through! Good luck :)
  • dw9989
    dw9989 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you! I would love to be one of your MFP friends:)
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I'm all about the healthy living. We all binge from time to time, it's so hard not to. But agreed with all above....Salad gets so boring! Would love to be your mfp pal.
  • eytzen1
    Options
    OK, tomorrow will be the finish of my 1st week. I'm excited to weigh in the morning. I KNOW, I can tell that I'm down something. This week has been wonderful! I feel in control. My husband even began this journey for himself on Wednesday. So now, we will do this together. I feel like we have a new and fresh chance to get healthy and active...again!
    I find that this MFP is so very doable. I should of started this last year, but am glad at least we're on track now. Come on and bring on that scale. Oh, I can't wait to see !
  • healthysue228
    Options
    I don't want to be a skinny-mini! I also just want to get to be more healthy with diet and exercise. I have lost weight and I am happy to see it go, but if I get to a size 14 that would make me happy! I would love to be friends with any of you. I am a single mom with a busy 12 year old. Somedays it does seem easier to stop at Burger King rather than cook but I am learning to make better choices. Swapping recipes is a great idea! Include me if you find that healthy buffalo wing recipe! :smile: