Dinner at Rib Crib

We are taking my daughter out to dinner tomorrow night for her birthday at Rib Crib. I have read everything I can on here as well as their website....not much there!
I am wondering if anyone has eaten there recently and might have a little more info on the nutrition facts?? I have a pretty good idea of how to manage myself there BUT I really don't want to mess up in the middle of the week. I already got off a bit over the weekend and with Thanksgiving being right around the corner I am determined to get my November goal.
Trying to plan my meals for tomorrow so I can stay on track but it is really hard with the lack of information for this particular restaurant.

Thiinking of going with the Smoked chicken salad and asking them to keep the cheese and tortilla strips off..with low fat or whatever their lowest cal/fat dressing is.

OR I could go for the double meat plate with chopped brisket and smoked turkey or chicken (as long as it is sliced, I don't do the whole on the bone thing...YUCK) and I saw they have steamed broccoli.

Just wondering if anyone had any tips. It has been quite some time since I have eaten there and I can't remember much about their menu.

And PLEASE don't say "just give myself a day off and enjoy" that is not what I am asking for. I WILL worry and I WILL strees out no matter how many people say not to! I am working really hard right now and not worrying every time something like this comes up is EXACTLY how I got into the habit of not worrying in the first place and gained too much weight. Just sayin. :smile:

Replies

• download the app restaurant nutrition !!! it has hundreds of restaurants (a-z) with all the nutritional info for each menu item!!
  • Hi there,

I haven't been to this restaurant, but being from Texas, just wanted to say brisket is a really fatty meat. You probably don't want to eat that. I took a look at their menu, and I think the Smoked Chicken Salad sounds like a good option. I also thought the Chicken Breast meal also looks like a good option, with the side salad and steamed broccoli. Just make sure to ask if the chicken is both boneless and skinless ;-) (And they might put butter or cheese on the steamed broccoli, too, so be sure to ask about that!)

The Santa Fe Chicken Spud might be good too, if you ask to hold the butter, sour cream, Ranch dressing and cheddar cheese (or get them on the side).

The corn on the cob or green beans might also be good side options if you ask them to hold any butter.

My advice is ask a lot of questions, and reward your helpful server with a good tip for their patience! :-)

Good luck and great job for sticking with it!
  • klewis81
    klewis81 Posts: 122
    Way back in the day, I used to wait tables at the Rib Crib. I would go for the smoked chicken, definitely not the brisket. The bbq sauce is made from scratch but based on my knowledge of bbq sauce, it is pretty much like the rest of the bbq sauces out there, just log it as a generic bbq sauce but use sparingly, as it has a bit of sugar. Their dressings are made from a mix or from scratch (most restaurants are) so again, use sparingly. You can ask for a salad topped with the chicken, no cheese, and dressing on the side and you will have yourself a very healthy meal.

I often eat at restaurants that have no nutritional information available and while it can be annoying, sometimes you just have to guesstimate and move on with your life.
  • CharityEaton
    CharityEaton Posts: 499 Member
    I know the brisket might be a little fatty...but I am soooo tired of always getting chicken or turkey. I never thought I would say that but it is true. More than likely I will go with the smoked chicken salad and ask for no cheese, tortilla strips dresing on the side etc....
    Thanks for the advice. It would be nice if restaurants would all realize that some people do want the option of eating somewhat healthy. I never thought going out to dineer would require so much planning! :smile: