sad for all the wrong reasons

Options
So I went to my parents house this weekend and it was great don't get me wrong the kids hads a blast searching for easter goodies.
I just feel so discouraged when I'm out there first they used to make comments about haw much I ate and now I have my mom and my genetically skinny sister commenting and giggling because I measure everything I eat.
I know they mean well and are proud of what I've accomplished this far but I don't comment every time they grab a snack so why do it to me.
I didn't say a word about my mom's large meals and unhealthy food choices because I didn't want to hurt her feelings.
Last time I went there I tried to show her the recipe analyzer with one of her own recipies as a subject it was 1099 calories per serving, did I mention it was just the sauce, she starts telling my family her food isn't good enough for me.
The end result was me shutting my mouth and feeling miserable.
sorry for the vent I'm just glad I'm home :cry:

Replies

• Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    So I went to my parents house this weekend and it was great don't get me wrong the kids hads a blast searching for easter goodies.
    I just feel so discouraged when I'm out there first they used to make comments about haw much I ate and now I have my mom and my genetically skinny sister commenting and giggling because I measure everything I eat.
    I know they mean well and are proud of what I've accomplished this far but I don't comment every time they grab a snack so why do it to me.
    I didn't say a word about my mom's large meals and unhealthy food choices because I didn't want to hurt her feelings.
    Last time I went there I tried to show her the recipe analyzer with one of her own recipies as a subject it was 1099 calories per serving, did I mention it was just the sauce, she starts telling my family her food isn't good enough for me.
    The end result was me shutting my mouth and feeling miserable.
    sorry for the vent I'm just glad I'm home :cry:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. :flowerforyou: I know what you mean. I took our food scale to my parents for supper tonight. My dad kept teasing my husband and me about watching what we eat and measuring everything. When I pulled out the scale, he rolled his eyes at me. He joked, "Does it work?" I said, "I've lost 15 pounds." And my husband said, "I've lost 45 pounds since December." My dad didn't say much after that. I also didn't say anything about my dad's food choices because I didn't want to seem like a know-it-all since I've been losing weight.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I am sorry you had to deal with that.

It isnt fair and sometimes I have to remind myself of the same thing.

I hope it passes quickly :flowerforyou:
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Maybe sad for the right reason? That scenario would make me sad, too. I am glad you have a lot of supportive friends here who do understand what you are doing and are happy you are succeeding. I read your home page. What a beautiful 30th birthday present you gave yourself.

Loving you! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • pfeif21
    pfeif21 Posts: 27
    Options
    im sorry that happened... i bet we have all experienced that. sometimes i feel that people want to make you feel bad no matter what.. first they want to nag you for eating too much and being "fat" then they want to make you feel bad for trying to lose weight (possibly because they are jealous). Try to shake it off. Your doing a great job:)
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I know I shouldn't let this get to me.
    Taking care of myself has been long overdue and worth every minute of work put in.
    I wish I could make them understand I've tried one day maybe they'll understand then I can feel good about showing them all the great things I've learned here