feeling bad

Options
Hi all
I got on the scale Monday and it said I gained 2 pounds.
I know that can happen but it makes me nuts. I have not cheated !!
One good thing though is my sugar has been lower than it has been for years!!
I sure hope this week is better!!!

Replies

• cobra1102
    cobra1102 Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi all
    I got on the scale Monday and it said I gained 2 pounds.
    I know that can happen but it makes me nuts. I have not cheated !!
    One good thing though is my sugar has been lower than it has been for years!!
    I sure hope this week is better!!!
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    I've noticed that women go through this a lot and from what I've seen it's not as unusual as we all think. Some of it's caused by water retention and it's a cyclic thing and does go away so just hang in there you'll get things back down.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    First of all, the picture of your little one is too cute.
    Secondly...don't pay too much attention to the scale. Your body will gain with muscle or water gain, or a million and one other reasons. You may hit a time where it is not going to move. Use measurements and also try using the scale once every 3 or 4 weeks. I know that helped me alot.
    Good luck to you.
  • Heatmiser
    Heatmiser Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing happen to me while I was doing weight watchers. I started working out and the scale didn't move. That's why it is good to take measurements too. You are making progress, but sometimes it takes awhile for the scale to catch up. Just stick with it and remember to change your workout routine every six weeks so your body gets "shocked" again.
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    That happened to me last week when I weighted. I took a look at my food log for the day before and discovered I had like 4500 mg of sodium :ohwell: NOT good! The extra 2 lbs was gone by Sun (I cheated and weighed to see if it really was water from too much sodium) after a couple of days of very low sodium and lots of water drinking. They were gone. I didn't cheat, but the sodium got me!
  • rileyreid
    Options
    muscle weighs more than fat so it most probably is that
  • cobra1102
    cobra1102 Posts: 27
    Options
    thanks everyone i won't give up and i won't get on the scale for a while either!!:sad: