So, I'm not eating enough?

Options
Alright. So, here goes yet another atempt to commit myself to a plan, forum, and goal!
I went to the Dr a few weeks ago and had high BP. I was very very nervous I was going to be told I needed to be on medication to control it. however I was told that I needed to loose weight and that I could try to bring it down myself by eating better and exercising more.

As I explored, read forums, and got nurtion books, I realized something. I'm NOT doing myself any favors by just having one big meal a day. My body is taking them calories and storing them as body fat. I need more food! sounds real silly when dieting though huh? My biggest problem is what to eat. I know this sounds real odd, but I hardly ever feel hungry or thursty. I work the night shift 10-6 so when I get up around 2pm I wake up, shower and whatnot, and by that time I usually say "well ill just wait for supper now" at supper I eat a meal, and then when i'm hungry again everyones sleeping and I dont feel like cooking something, so I don't have anything! I drink tea or coffee while i'm working, and I cut back on the sugar I put in the coffee, from 4 teaspoons to like 1 and a half.

Anway, just sounds real silly to me to say "i'm not eating enough" yet i'm on a diet?

One thing I have learned is "Its not about dieting and loosing the weight, its about changing your life sstyle and habbits"

I wish I could get on a good healthy meal plan, and start drinking water.

Replies

• CountryGirl00
    CountryGirl00 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Alright. So, here goes yet another atempt to commit myself to a plan, forum, and goal!
    I went to the Dr a few weeks ago and had high BP. I was very very nervous I was going to be told I needed to be on medication to control it. however I was told that I needed to loose weight and that I could try to bring it down myself by eating better and exercising more.

As I explored, read forums, and got nurtion books, I realized something. I'm NOT doing myself any favors by just having one big meal a day. My body is taking them calories and storing them as body fat. I need more food! sounds real silly when dieting though huh? My biggest problem is what to eat. I know this sounds real odd, but I hardly ever feel hungry or thursty. I work the night shift 10-6 so when I get up around 2pm I wake up, shower and whatnot, and by that time I usually say "well ill just wait for supper now" at supper I eat a meal, and then when i'm hungry again everyones sleeping and I dont feel like cooking something, so I don't have anything! I drink tea or coffee while i'm working, and I cut back on the sugar I put in the coffee, from 4 teaspoons to like 1 and a half.

Anway, just sounds real silly to me to say "i'm not eating enough" yet i'm on a diet?

One thing I have learned is "Its not about dieting and loosing the weight, its about changing your life sstyle and habbits"

I wish I could get on a good healthy meal plan, and start drinking water.
  • soxygirl
    soxygirl Posts: 173
    Options
    It is definitely important to eat enough calories in your day, and to spread them out over the course of the day so your body metabolizes them properly! You should be eating 5-6 times a day ideally . . . when I started eating this way, I not only lost weight but my health improved drastically -- the digestive issues I was facing disappeared, my energy level increased significantly, etc.

Don't look at each time you have to eat as a "meal" -- in other words, you don't have to cook something for yourself to get the calories and nutrition you need. I plan out my day in advance so I know what I am eating when, but I typically only cook once a day, if that. For the in between meals, or "snacks", choose high metbolizers (foods with the "good fat" in them) like nuts -- almonds are really good for kick starting metabolism and giving you a midday kick of energy. I usually have 7-10 almonds are 2-3 PM. Yogurt, grapefruit, any raw vegetables -- all good things to use as fillers when you aren't super hungry but need to continue that steady calorie intake.

And force yourself to drink 8-10 glasses of water a day even if you don't think you are thirsty. You're body may be used to feeling dehydrated which is why you don't think you are thirsty, but drinking water is the number one best thing anyone can do for themselves -- it kick starts weight loss, it makes your skin, nails, and hair feel great, and it keeps all those internal systems running smoothly.