On a Mission to be Sexy!!

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Krista, and this is my first day being here. My goal is to lose 65 lbs. and be sexier at 30 years old than I ever was at 20! My son is now 8 years old, and I still had not lost any of the baby weight from him when I got pregnant with my daughter earlier this year. At 10 weeks into the pregnancy, I found out that I am borderline type 2 diabetic, and also had gestational diabetes. I wound up having to take insulin 4 times a day on top of eating a very carb-restrictive diet. After having my daughter, I was 20-pounds lighter than before I got pregnant from the healthier eating I was doing while pregnant. Now that I have not had to watch my carbs as much the past 6 weeks since she was born, I have already put back on 10 of the pounds I lost ... bummer!!! So... that is what brought me here.

Replies

• hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This place is great and I hope it works for you. Your picture is beautiful. Add me as a friend if you like. Good Luck!
  • 1fiercebutterfly
    1fiercebutterfly Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    congrats on the baby girl !!!! I have told my husband that i want one, but i need to make sure my body is ready first. so, welcome to my fitness pal! You'll find the nicest community of people here
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    good luck, and welcome:drinker:
  • radmom99
    radmom99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I will say you are well on your way!!! You already look great!
  • slenderagain
    Options
    congratulations on your new baby and best of luck with your weight loss!
  • Momkat65
    Momkat65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your new baby.
    Sexy comes from within.....not from the number on the scale!
  • sadisticllama666
    Options
    Good luck! I also plan to lose around 65 or so pounds, and pray that sexiness shall be achieved!!
  • JaredBergeron
    JaredBergeron Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Welcome! (Former) T2 here, defiantly watch the weight it makes that whole pancreas work more efficient not to have to deal with the belly fat. I couldnt do the needles, luckilly exercising my butt off was a viable option!

Welcome again, and if your looking for friends feel free to add me :)
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Best of luck!
  • Nady9
    Nady9 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations for joining in! This is a great tool and you will meet great people that will encourage you all the way. I can relate to you...I have had the hardest time loosing weight after my son was born and he is now 3 years old!!!
    Feel free to add me as a friend if you need! :smile:
  • glad23
    glad23 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your mission to be sexy and healthy!! Cheers to a sexy 30s
  • talofatupu
    Options
    Well I hope you lose the weight, you did it while you pregnant so it's very possible. I believe in you!