Options
doobiedoo
doobiedoo Posts: 194 Member
I am a 55 year old mother of fourteen children, but I don't want to spend the rest of my life looking like I had 14 children. My daughter told me about this web-site and I have been keeping my diary for a week now and I am thrilled wth how helpful it is too keep track! I walk on the treadmill everyday and can even keep track of that. I look forward to losing at least 50 pounds over the next several months and forming new habits so I can keep it off.

Replies

• doobiedoo
    Options
    I am a 55 year old mother of fourteen children, but I don't want to spend the rest of my life looking like I had 14 children. My daughter told me about this web-site and I have been keeping my diary for a week now and I am thrilled wth how helpful it is too keep track! I walk on the treadmill everyday and can even keep track of that. I look forward to losing at least 50 pounds over the next several months and forming new habits so I can keep it off.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • monetcat2000
    Options
    Wow! How can a mother of 14 children stay still long enough to gain weight? Welcome.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

14 kids, huh?! And here I thought the ONE I had was MORE than enough!:laugh:
    Anyway, welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • beyondchowhound
    beyondchowhound Posts: 2,102 Member
    Options
    I also recommend logging food first. Today I had too many pecans and I see it was 390 calories. Too late now Geez! Should have given that a bit more thought. Logging first works better, if you can.
    Also I find the tickers extremely inspirational. I love to see the weight I have lost.
    Good luck to you.
    14 children.
    wow.
  • shuttletat
    Options
    Welcome! I'm 55 also, but only have one child. (She's married now.) You can do it and this is definately the best site to help you out! It makes counting calories so easy. Don't give up and you will get to where you want to be! :flowerforyou:
  • doobiedoo
    Options
    Thanks so much for the comments. I always thought counting calories was silly, but it is a real eye opener as to how much I have been eating!! I'm still trying to figure out how to put my ticker on, any hints?
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the comments. I always thought counting calories was silly, but it is a real eye opener as to how much I have been eating!! I'm still trying to figure out how to put my ticker on, any hints?

go to "My Home"
    go to "Tools"
    go to "weight loss ticker"
    follow the directions to set up your ticker
    then you have to "copy and Paste" your ticker onto your signature

I think you create your signature by going to My Home, then settings, then "change forum signature"

Take your time, read everything as you go and it should work out OK

good luck :bigsmile:
  • doobiedoo
    Options
    Thanks for the help on the ticker! I think I have it now, but I have two of them. I went back in and deleted one of them so I hope that takes care of it. It is encouraging to actually see my progress...Have a good day!! :o)