Sizzlin' Summer Slimdown 04.13.09

Options
:flowerforyou: Good morning everyone!!! :flowerforyou:

I hope each of you had a glorious Easter!!!

Today begins anew for us all, so let's put the celebrating behind us and begin our focus for this new challenge to be filled with healthy food choices, lots of movement and keeping our bodies hydrated!!!

As I personally begin this challenge, I am up and few pounds and not surprised at all...I know where my mistakes are and need to focus more strongly on those areas. I am also going to redetermine my goal weight. When I first picked a weight, I chose one that was a comfortable weight I had been at before. But now, with the added muscle from strength training and being a more athletic build than I originally thought, my goal weight does not need to be a low as I had anticipated...:drinker: I don't want to lose my curves so I'll keep a few more pounds to do so.

My ultimate goal for this challenge is actually not a weight though...it is a body fat percent...right now I am at 20% and my goal is to be at 16-18% and maintain it.

I look forward to hearing everyone's goals and watching them unfold through this challenge with the wonderful encouragement and support this group is known for!!! :heart:

Replies

• Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good morning everyone!!! :flowerforyou:

I hope each of you had a glorious Easter!!!

Today begins anew for us all, so let's put the celebrating behind us and begin our focus for this new challenge to be filled with healthy food choices, lots of movement and keeping our bodies hydrated!!!

As I personally begin this challenge, I am up and few pounds and not surprised at all...I know where my mistakes are and need to focus more strongly on those areas. I am also going to redetermine my goal weight. When I first picked a weight, I chose one that was a comfortable weight I had been at before. But now, with the added muscle from strength training and being a more athletic build than I originally thought, my goal weight does not need to be a low as I had anticipated...:drinker: I don't want to lose my curves so I'll keep a few more pounds to do so.

My ultimate goal for this challenge is actually not a weight though...it is a body fat percent...right now I am at 20% and my goal is to be at 16-18% and maintain it.

I look forward to hearing everyone's goals and watching them unfold through this challenge with the wonderful encouragement and support this group is known for!!! :heart:
  • jk_raven
    jk_raven Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm in for this challenge too. We've got 6 weeks, so my goal will be 6 pounds.

SW 180.7
    GW 174.7

I'd also like to set an exercise goal of 30/47. Good luck to everyone!
  • Theresa35
    Options
    I'm in for this challenge too. We've got 6 weeks, so my goal will be 6 pounds.

SW 180.7
    GW 174.7

I'd also like to set an exercise goal of 30/47. Good luck to everyone!

Welcom JK....:flowerforyou:

I will join your exercise goal of 30/47...good luck!!! :flowerforyou:
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Still feeling a little sick. I weighed myself today and lost a pound. I hope this means me plateau is broken .
    For this challenge I want to lose 8 pounds and only take onw day a week off from my workout.
    I cannot input my food because there is a problem with the site or my internet. I think I did good though.
    :drinker:
    I hope everyone meets their personal goals for this challange . I look forward to reading about all your sucess.
    Starting weight 168
    Goal weight for this challange is 160.
    I will also join the 30/47 day workouts
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    Heya Theresa! Been waiting for this thread to appear and here I am jumping right in! :bigsmile: Like I said our Easter wasn't this weekend but next one so I have been a diligent girl as ever, no chocolate or anything (oh well, some peanut butter but only within my calories :blushing:), so I managed to lose some more over the weekend and I am actually 2 pounds less than the weight I finished the Eggstra challenge at. :glasses: I really scratched my head and wondered what goal to set for myself for May 22nd... I have a goal of 217 by the end of April (from my original goals), so supposed I make it, I guess another 7 pounds for the following 3 weeks should be ok. In other words I challenge myself to lose 16 pounds by your Memorial Day:
    SW 226 lbs
    GW 210 lbs

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good morning! :flowerforyou:

Thanks for kickin' us off and getting us started Theresa.

I too am up a few lbs from my '234' I posted on Friday. I realize that the lbs I thought I lost were simply lost from NOT EATING! I let life sweep me away and forget to be healthy for a few days there - but once I realized I was HUNGRY - I ate the wrong foods! :grumble: Anyway, like you said "I know where my mistakes were", so now it's time to change that. :glasses:

Anyway, my goal for this challenge will be 7lbs.

SW on 4/13/09: 236.8
    GW for 5/22/09: 229.8

I'm also in on the 30/47 day Exercise Challenge....seems a bit daunting but we can do it! :drinker:

Let's start Sizzlin' ladies! :love:
  • Aeilm
    Aeilm Posts: 92
    Options
    I am challenging myself to lose 10 lbs this time!!! I joined another challenge to lose 30 lbs in 90 days. I think I will be more determined if I set higher weight loss goals. We will see. Trial and error right?

GOOD LUCK to you all. WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(oh and I gained a lb over the weekend. back at 188 now. )

Here goes... 178 by May 22nd!
  • Theresa35
    Options
    Opera...great attitude!!! And I love the new av....very pretty!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Opera...great attitude!!! And I love the new av....very pretty!!! :flowerforyou:

:blushing: :love: :blushing: Thanks Theresa, you're the best!! (I learned a lot of my great attitude from your helpful words too!) :flowerforyou:

And look who's talkin'! You look FABULOUS!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Aeilm
    Options
    BMR question -

So my BMR is 1562. How many cals over this should I eat on non exercise days and still lose weight? Anyone know??
  • Theresa35
    Options
    BMR question -

So my BMR is 1562. How many cals over this should I eat on non exercise days and still lose weight? Anyone know??

We need more info...what is your daily amount set out...etc...
  • meguilfoyle
    Options
    All right ladies I am counting on you to help keep me on track. So let's do this. I am on board with the exercise goals and my weight goal is ten pounds in six weeks. Good luck to you all.........:happy: :happy: :happy:

SW-149
    GW-139

169825.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary:happy:
  • kdmiles
    kdmiles Posts: 9
    Options
    Good morning one and all! This is my first weight loss challenge and I am sooooooooooo ready! Went away for the weekend and really overdid it. I put on 5 lbs! It is crunch time.
    My goal for May 22nd is to lose 10% of my body weight.

SW 166.4
    Gw 150.0

I have a few mini glals as well....
    1) May 3rd. Belated Easter dinner with family
    2) May 9th - my boss is getting married

Want to at least be able to squeeze into cute dress I bought at end of February (on sale) for boss's wedding!:wink:
  • Theresa35
    Options
    All right ladies I am counting on you to help keep me on track. So let's do this. I am on board with the exercise goals and my weight goal is ten pounds in six weeks. Good luck to you all.........

SW-149
    GW-139

Welcome!!! This group is amazing for encouragement and support!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Jrgal
    Jrgal Posts: 46
    Options
    I would like to join. My goal would be to loose 18 lbs by the 22nd.

SW 04/13/2009 243
    GW 05/22/2009 225
  • Theresa35
    Options
    I would like to join. My goal would be to loose 18 lbs by the 22nd.

SW 04/13/2009 243
    GW 05/22/2009 225

Well, since you are a Jr fan...we'll let you join....:laugh: Is he hawt or what?!? :love:

Seriously...welcome!!! :heart:
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys! I'm ready for another great challenge!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I also gained 2 lbs from Easter candy (way overdid it yesterday!) so right now I'm weighing in at 159. I'd like to be 150 by Memorial Day, so that makes my goal 9 lbs. Seems a bit hefty for almost 6 weeks, but if I put my mind to it I CAN DO IT!!

So great to see most of the ladies back for this challenge- I'll also join in on 30 days of exercise!! That averages to 5/ week, and when I think of that, it doesn't seem so bad :bigsmile:

Who's ready to look hot by Memorial Day? Let's get it started!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Shannah
  • Aeilm
    Options
    BMR question -

We need more info...what is your daily amount set out...etc...

That is kind of what I'm trying to determine. MFP says 1200, but I tried that and it didn't work for me. No weight loss, tired all the time. I am really busy everyday with 4 kids, so I'm sure I need at least 1600 cals when I am not exercising? Or am i going about this all wrong?

Ohh and i'm 5'3; 188lbs Thanks for your help Theresa. I love your new av btw!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • ness13hill
    ness13hill Posts: 114
    Options
    Well for this challenge I am going to shoot for 5 lbs. That would make me at 200 which i want to get to and be under SOOOO bad. My body wasn't working with me for the last challenge, but I am excited to start a new.

For the exercise part of the challenge, would my walks on my breaks at work count (and of course other thigns when I can get them in)?
  • jk_raven
    jk_raven Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    :embarassed: OMG. I completely miscounted the number of days. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If the end date is 5/22, then we have 40 days not 47. Which would make the exercise goal 30/40. It's a bit of hefty goal, but I'm gonna try.