Changing Goals

Options
When I checked in this morning, it mentioned because of my significant weight loss I should recalculate my nutrition and exercise goals.

I didn't answer because I'm not sure what that is going to do to me.

Will it give me additional calories to eat AND add additional exercise to my daily routine?

Replies

• TerriDactyl
    Options
    When I checked in this morning, it mentioned because of my significant weight loss I should recalculate my nutrition and exercise goals.

I didn't answer because I'm not sure what that is going to do to me.

Will it give me additional calories to eat AND add additional exercise to my daily routine?
  • weasleman42
    Options
    The less you weigh, the fewer calories you need. You should recalculate, because it will keep you on track. Congratulations on your progress!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    it will lower your daily intake to reflect your goals. maybe before you were eating 1400 cals to lose 1 lb a week, it would lower that to say 1350 cals to lose 1 lb a week. (Those numbers are made up, I have no clue of your actual numbers)

if you are already set at 1200 cals a day your intake will not change but your goal will. ie- you may have been eating 1200 cals to lose 1 lb a week before, while now you are eating 1200 cals to lose .8lbs a week (also made up numbers, but you get the idea)
  • TerriDactyl
    Options
    Thanks you guys.

I did reset my goals, it kept my caloric intake at 1200 calories. When I did my BMR, it dropped me down to 1155 calories.

So, should I eat 1200 calories? or stay at 1155 calories?
  • weasleman42
    Options
    1155 if you want to continue losing at a similar rate. Keep in mind that the less you weigh, the slower you will lose weight, in general. Good luck!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    a woman should NEVER eat less than 1200 NET calories in a day.