Special K Challenge

Options
Hi everyone! has anyone tried the Special K challenge? I'm starting tomorrow ( today actually) and I'm wondering if anyone else is doing it or has done it and what your results were. feedback is welcome. thanks in advance!:happy:

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I've never done it because it looks like a crash diet/fad/quick fix kind of thing. It's not something to do for the rest of your life, and I am doing this as a lifestyle change. I don't think there is anything wrong with Special K necessarily, I just think that you can incorporate it into your diet in a more conservative manner so that you can keep doing it for the rest of your life without "dieting."
  • Liopleurodon
    Options
    Well, breakfast cereals are a low calorie option so I guess you probably would lose weight, but... That sounds like an incredibly boring way to live/eat. I think it would become insufferably dull after about three days. Not to mention the fact that Special K is not likely to be a very satisfying meal, so you're going to be hungry. And unless you do it forever (boredom to the power of nine million) the results won't last. Besides which, much of the Special K marketing seems to be around convincing you that it's good for you rather than actually *being* good for you. Of course it's low fat - it's a breakfast cereal, not a hunk of cheese. It still has an impressive amount of sugar, if memory serves.

On a more personal note: I have twin pet hates of a) every advert for Special K that has ever existed and b) companies presenting a "challenge" which is really no more than "please buy and use our product."
  • luhluhlaura
    luhluhlaura Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I sort of did it for about 2 weeks...but didn't see any real results because I was inconsistent with it.
    Probably lost a pound or two.
    But seriously, the Special K Challenge is so restrictive. I think it's only realistic for women who aren't exercising, and have a sedentary job. Try working out at all and you will feel like you're starving.
    The great thing is that the cereals are delicious and it got me to eat lots more fruits and veggies...but the bad thing was that my body burned through it all so fast that I was hungry every hour.
    Eating more frequently throughout the day may be good for your metabolism, but it's really hard to live your life when your tummy is growling at you every 60 minutes!! Trying to concentrate in class was so difficult. :/
  • eveydunton
    eveydunton Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I tried it a while ago and put on weight as I was so constipated! Horrible pains in my tummy. Not a good diet, you are better eating sensibly with lots of fruit and veg and increasing exercise.
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    SuperScrabbleGirl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I realise this all sounds pretty negative, but I'd take the advice. I've never been able to stick it for long and I always used to do it when I was looking for a quick fix, and like people above me have said, that never lasts.
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I am sorry I can't support the Special K diet either- no one can stick with this and it's NOT enough food or nutrition whatsoever.
  • asaba1013
    Options
    i most def am not following the special k diet but for breakfast i tend to do one cup of special k w/ 1/2 cup of low fat milk...along with a peice of fruit and something else low calorie... keeps me full until my morning snack.. i wouldnt rely on special k to lose weight, its just a healthy option for breakfast!!
  • Babalaila
    Options
    Had amazing results...great way to jump start you weight loss...but after a few weeks your weight just stabalises

Did'nt suffer any side effects, and felt very refreshed.

Do the maths...each meal is only 200 calories(with milk), if you have it twice a day....then you are really low on your calorie count.

I think you lose more inches then weight!
  • schmorla
    schmorla Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Don't do it.
  • jessicasloan91
    jessicasloan91 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I lost a stone in 2 weeks.. I was starving the whole time.. I began to HATE special K just the sight of it make me sick.. then I put the stone back on in the following 2 weeks!

Dont do it! x
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    The Special K diet is a VLC diet that can only be sustained for 2 weeks to achieve a short-term gain... usually dropping a dress or jeans size.

I did and achieved that goal and when I stopped I put on the weight within a month.

Why? Because at the time I didn't understand calories and how important it is to stick to a calorie-controlled food and nutrition plan.

If you need to drop a dress size for a speial occasion, it's ok... but you may find yourself gnawing at table legs or eating way too much at dinner time because two 30g bowls of Special K, despite the myriad of varieties now available, is not a heck of a lot of nutrition in a bowl.

But if you're trying to lose weight... there are much better and tastier ways to drop a dress size ... it might take 6-8 weeks, but you probably won't be hungry doing it :flowerforyou:
  • unicorn1081
    unicorn1081 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I realized from your posts (and thank you all so much for them) I didnt mention to you all that I wasn't planning on just eating Special K products. I actually incorporate many low cal options. also, I eat in moderation and I eat 6 small meals a day, so I just use the special K options when I have a taste for them and otherwise I eat mostly anything I want, in moderation. I appreciate all your encouraging words. Thank you.