Whey Protein Recipes?

ChristinaRealize
ChristinaRealize Posts: 6
edited October 4 in Food and Nutrition
I physically can NOT drink another boring Protein Shake. Just the thought of it makes me sick lol. I've even tried adding flavoring extracts to them. It's been over a year since my Gastric Banding surgery, but i am still unable to get enough in my diet.

I've heard of people making their own protein bars with it, but I've never tried it.

How to you make your protein?

Replies

• Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Peanut butter, or any nut butter some have more protein than others, add a banana, then some nut milk, I like almond milk, sometimes I use oat milk... Mix it, then there you are............ xx

As for bars, same thing, just add in some oats and put in the cooker for a while xxxxxxxx Oh you can also add honey xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    I know lots of carbs, but mix and match xxxxxxxxx xx
  • ennaejay
    ennaejay Posts: 575
    You can dump protein powder in anything.

Put it in your pancake batter, make no-bake cookies with dry nonfat milk, peanut butter, honey, oats or sesame seeds, protein; blend it with cottage cheese, cocoa, vanilla, and frozen fruit for whipped "desserts", stir unflavored whey protein into soups.

Get creative and have fun.

This morning I blended yogurt, pumpkin, protein powder, pumpkin pie spice, some vanilla and stevia, instant coffee, and milk for a kickass post-workout shake... better than starbucks!
  • I mix EAS chocolate protein powder with almond milk and shake it up with ice so its all frothy and cold. Delicious!
  • ennaejay
    ennaejay Posts: 575
    I know lots of carbs, but mix and match xxxxxxxxx xx

what's wrong with carbs? :wink: clean and in balance of course... LOVE me my frozen bananas and Kashi goLean sprinkled on my cottage cheese!
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Protein Pancakes

1 cup raw oats
    1 scoop Protein Powder
    3 egg whites
    1/4 cup water
    1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
    2 packets sweetener
    1 1/2 tsp baking powder
    Directions
    1. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend for 30 seconds.
    2. Pour onto a hot grill and cook like a normal pancake. An optional addition is to add some frozen fruit after the batter is blended.
  • what flavor is it?

My favs:

Chocolate powder + instant coffee powder + milk of choice + red cherries

vanilla powder + cinnamon + peaches + milk
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Protein Brownies

2 heaping cups of chocolate protein powder
    1 1/2 cups unsweetened milk (such as almond milk etc)
    3 eggs

preheat oven to 350.
    mix all ingredients, pour into a 9in baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 40-45 min until toothpick comes out clean.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Boring shakes? What have you tried? Maybe you need to go more exoctic?

Guava, Kiwi's Plantains (Sweeter than a banana), raspberries, pineapple, Mango...MMMMMMM
  • ellekay22
    ellekay22 Posts: 147 Member
    Peanut butter, or any nut butter some have more protein than others, add a banana, then some nut milk, I like almond milk, sometimes I use oat milk... Mix it, then there you are............ xx

As for bars, same thing, just add in some oats and put in the cooker for a while xxxxxxxx Oh you can also add honey xxxxxxxxxxxx

I read "cat milk" instead of "oat milk." LOL! Had images of "Focker" milking the cat.
  • Oh WOW! Thank you all so much. i'm going to have to try these =)
  • caitbaldwin, sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing! ~Brittany @EAS
This discussion has been closed.