Work outs without the gym

Options
Does anyone have a work out plan that I could barrow that doesn't include going to a gym. I have about 3 weeks before I can enroll in a gym and i really need something to keep me going. thanks

Replies

• TashaP2011
    TashaP2011 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Try bodyrock.tv - internet site with daily workouts (usually) - they are free, and pretty good.
  • tcpowell25
    Options
    If you're an outdoors person try walking/running in your neighborhood or park. I personally use DVDs and wii games, such as zumba and just dance. I also have a stationary bike and free weights. You can check youtube.com for free videos too.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Exercise TV has over 100 workouts for free on their website. http://www.exercisetv.tv/workout-videos/all/?videotype=free-full-length
  • char2009
    Options
    check out bodyrock.tv :)
  • michele_lynn
    michele_lynn Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I walk 20 minutes during my lunch break at work.. brisk walking should get you a full mile (I mapped mine with google!)
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    ive borrowed a familie members cross trainer as they wernt using it, i do an hour on that 5 times a week and walk the dog twice a day...
    maybe ask ur family members or member to go walking with you in the morning and at night before food?
  • rstaylor
    Options
    Hey there :)

I really enjoy doing aerobics dvd's, I usually do a different one each day, just to change it up a bit, I burn roughly 500 calories when I do them for 45 minutes :) Either that or a girlfriend and I go for a 5 kilometre walk, at a brisk pace, we burn over 400 calories!! The DVD's are great, because you can do them at home, at whatever time, rain/hail or shine, and I find I get more out of them than when I go to the gym (which is only about 320 calories burned).... Hope that helps xx
  • Selmagurdy
    Options
    If you have a Wii there is the biggest loser challange. I am up at 5 every morning working out with Jillian yelling at me it's great... Didnt think a video game could keep you motivated.. lol :laugh:
  • JeffJohnson26
    JeffJohnson26 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Brandon, I do it all without a gym. I'll write something up for you and call ya on Thursday.
  • jessicamckay13
    Options
    Hit the pavement! Go for a run/walk/jog/trot and end up at a park to do lunges/squats/pushups/pullups. Grab some friends to play ultimate frisbee. Hike. Bike.
  • smpreston
    smpreston Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    The Beachbody programs work great at home. They even come with an exercise band to help out. Cheaper than a gym. There are also a ton of exercise DVD's on Netflix if you have a way to watch them.