Christmas Countdown Challenge (Closed) - Week #16

Options
Did you ever think we'd make it this far?!?!?!?!? Well here we are walking into Week #16 and hopefully our steps are a little lighter!

CCC1-7.jpg
CCC2-6.jpg

jiminyc - WOO HOO! Hit the 20lb mark! :drinker:

nevermorex - Ahem.... YOU JUST HIT YOUR GOAL AGAIN!!!!! And..... OVER 20lbs lost!!!!! :noway: :love: :noway:

sfalk1977 - Just kicked 20lbs in the rear and said SEE YA!!!!! :bigsmile:

Cateyes0831 - 25lbs sent walkin'!!!! How incredible!!! :smooched:

Neize leslyta steibll pinkita PositivePower lpeacock06 abjedi SSampley kristinkt gardenimp meggers123
CAN YOU TASTE THAT GOAL?!?!?!? YOU'RE ALL WITHIN JUST TEN POUNDS OF MAKING IT!!!! :happy: :happy: :happy:

How did everyone do with the JJKicks?!? I know my rearend is definitely feeling it :blushing:

How about breakfast? Did you get it in there everyday? Eat like a king? Or maybe a prince? :happy:

We are just about 8 weeks out from our big day and we seem to be losing more and more people each week :sad: I hope this is because of the busy-ness of this time of year or vacations or something of the sort. If there's something wrong with the challenge, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know!!!!!! You can message me personally or just post it here.

I haven't heard too much feedback on the challenges so I don't know if they're working for you or not. Are the physical challenges too much? Not enough? Boring? Same thing with the physical challenges. What are your feelings on them?

My goal was to expose each of you to new exercises, different thought processes, ideas you may not have thought of trying before, and to reconnect with yourselves. If there is something that you would like to see, again just let me know!

PHYSICAL CHALLENGE
Ok, so I am also a part of another challenge and recently did a mini-workout that I really enjoyed and felt it worked my whole body. So I am going to borrow some of it for this challenge and I hope you like it just the same. Remember, you can always up the reps or make adjustments as necessary.

50 jumping jacks
40 crunches/sit ups
30 squats
20 seconds of plank
10 push ups

Your challenge is to do this once a day, all week, everyday :huh: Yeah, I said it, EVERYDAY!!! The whole set takes about 15-20 minutes when done all together. And that's what I'm hoping you can do. Try to do the whole thing all together and you will REALLY feel the burn! If you need to break it up, do what you need to but push yourself to do more.

PERSONAL CHALLENGE
Look at yourself... Go ahead, I'll wait............ You back? Ok good... What did you see? Did you see the same person you were 16 weeks ago? Or did you see a different person looking back at your in that mirror? I'm not just talking about weight loss here. Each one of you has made some kind of change over the last three months. What are yours?

Now go back to that mirror and say something to your new self. Tell yourself something that you're proud of. Tell yourself how DAMN GOOD you look. Tell yourself how incredible you are because.... well..... YOU ARE!

Go look in the mirror and tell yourself something positive, and do it everyday....

:heart: :heart: :heart: As always, love you all!!! Have a great week!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Replies

• azeria
    azeria Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome work Jenn! as usual. I love that activity of looking ourselves in the mirror every day... will definitely help boost my confidence! Kudos to you!!!

Now, since I am doing this other challenge and this one... I'm thinking to myself... oh oh ... everyone is upping the anty... lol But, I know I can do it, and I will! This is the time to kick everything in gear. I can do it ra ra ra !!! We all can!!!
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    yay! this sounds like a fun one! :-)
  • Cateyes0831
    Cateyes0831 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Looking at myself in a mirror has always been something I have avoided at all cost Lol. This week I am going to give it a shot and see what comes of it :smile:

I really enjoy this group and all the challenges each week. I really like how you add in a personal challenge and not just a physical. i've been going through a lot these past few months and the personal challenges have really been helping me out :happy: Thank you so much for taking the time to put all of this together for us! :drinker: <
    Here is to a great week!!!!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    bumping for later. :)
  • shelly650
    Options
    Woohoo!
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    great challenge! this is just the sort of kick in the pants I need. :) Thanks for another week of hard work and encouragement, Jenn!
  • kristinkt
    kristinkt Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    good morning!! Well, I woke up early this morning so I decided to throw on my sweats and start this week's challenge. Speaking of which, I only made it to 100/150 JJK sets so I decided to up the JJ the first 2 times to do double duty and complete both challenges. All of that to say that I did 50 JJ, 20 sit ups, 15 squats, 20 seconds of plank +10 more seconds, 10 push ups, then back to 20 crunches, & 15 squats to finish it off this morning. I worked up a sweat & was out of breath when I finished so I walked around until I could breathe at a normal rate. Whew!!! I'm not sure how many days I will be up to completing this, but I DO want to give it a go. I always feel so much better when I have completed the challenge.

I have been making myself look at myself in the mornings & finding something to be happy/proud of. We need to learn to love/accept ourselves so I think this is a great challenge.
  • sfalk1977
    sfalk1977 Posts: 142 Member
    Options

How did everyone do with the JJKicks?!? I know my rearend is definitely feeling it :blushing:

How about breakfast? Did you get it in there everyday? Eat like a king? Or maybe a prince? :happy:

We are just about 8 weeks out from our big day and we seem to be losing more and more people each week :sad: I hope this is because of the busy-ness of this time of year or vacations or something of the sort. If there's something wrong with the challenge, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know!!!!!! You can message me personally or just post it here.

I haven't heard too much feedback on the challenges so I don't know if they're working for you or not. Are the physical challenges too much? Not enough? Boring? Same thing with the physical challenges. What are your feelings on them?

My goal was to expose each of you to new exercises, different thought processes, ideas you may not have thought of trying before, and to reconnect with yourselves. If there is something that you would like to see, again just let me know!

PHYSICAL CHALLENGE
    Ok, so I am also a part of another challenge and recently did a mini-workout that I really enjoyed and felt it worked my whole body. So I am going to borrow some of it for this challenge and I hope you like it just the same. Remember, you can always up the reps or make adjustments as necessary.

50 jumping jacks
    40 crunches/sit ups
    30 squats
    20 seconds of plank
    10 push ups

Your challenge is to do this once a day, all week, everyday :huh: Yeah, I said it, EVERYDAY!!! The whole set takes about 15-20 minutes when done all together. And that's what I'm hoping you can do. Try to do the whole thing all together and you will REALLY feel the burn! If you need to break it up, do what you need to but push yourself to do more.

PERSONAL CHALLENGE
    Look at yourself... Go ahead, I'll wait............ You back? Ok good... What did you see? Did you see the same person you were 16 weeks ago? Or did you see a different person looking back at your in that mirror? I'm not just talking about weight loss here. Each one of you has made some kind of change over the last three months. What are yours?

Now go back to that mirror and say something to your new self. Tell yourself something that you're proud of. Tell yourself how DAMN GOOD you look. Tell yourself how incredible you are because.... well..... YOU ARE!

Go look in the mirror and tell yourself something positive, and do it everyday....

:heart: :heart: :heart: As always, love you all!!! Have a great week!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Did the jjkicks last week every day - they didn't do anything new for me but then I do 30DS most days and those muscles are quite tolerant of exercise now. It is probably better to suggest exercises that are possible for everyone to do and then the individual can tailor them to suit their fitness level - I think the challenges have been great, new ideas every week and they give you something to think about too! I also did breakfast every day but then I always do - just can't do eating like a king in the morning and a pauper in the evening - I'd fall off the wagon if I did!

This weeks physical challenge is good for me! I've adapted it a bit to be more of a challenge to me. So far today I've done 50 jumping jacks, 40 crunches and 40 reverse crunches, 30 squats,1 minute plank (although I might up this over the week, maybe up by 10 seconds each day) and 10 push ups. If I have time, I might slip in another set this evening.

I'm loving looking in the mirror these days - ok, so I've still got some to lose but I'm feeling great about myself after losing 35lbs since the beginning of july (not all of it on mfp). I've also lost 6.5 inches from my waist, 4.5 inches from my hips, 3 inches from my chest, 4 inches from EACH arm, 2.5 inches from each thigh and 5% body fat. That is a total of 27 inches lost since july!!!! I sound really vain now don't I but it is so nice to feel good about myself again after years of covering up. I can't wait to go clothes shopping now!

Well done everyone on their losses last week. We're in the home stretch now!

Sarah
  • azeria
    Options
    completed my daily challenge today without any double dipping with the other challenge I'm in! For example, instead of 50 jumping jacks, I ended up doing 100!! I don't know what is happening to me, but I've found this extra motivation this month and doing so has made me want to challenge myself even more! I know I couldn't of completed it all 6 months ago. Thanks Jenn for getting me to this point, where I want to challenge myself even more. Also, these personal challenge are amazing! I really need those! Now, if you'll excuse me, I must go talk to myself in the mirror!!! haha Have a nice day :-)
  • abjedi
    abjedi Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jenn you're great and your challenges are inspiring. The mirror is going to be a challenge foe me but I can do it... And the others to...
    I hope everyone has a great week!!!
  • abjedi
    Options
    Thanks Jenn you're great and your challenges are inspiring. The mirror is going to be a challenge foe me but I can do it... And the others to...
  • abjedi
    Options
  • abjedi
    Options
    Sort for the triple post.. Dumb computer.. :)
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    bump for later :smile:
  • johanna_elaine
    Options
    Jenn j posted my measurments in last weeks thread. If you need them again let me know.

I did good with breakfast last week, but no jjk :-( I have a bruised muscle or something that would bring me to tears doing them. It's finally starting to feel better so I am going todo my best on this weeks challenge !

Small update on the job situation, I called my supervisors boss last week and left a message about the way she was talking to me . Well I have to call her again around 9 to actually speak to her. I'm kinda nervous because I dint know what to expect but I'm hoping it's good and they don't try to fire me or something. I will keep y'all posted :-/
  • azeria
    Options
    Good luck today Johanna!

Remember to breath in and breath out. One thing to remember is that if you don't do anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about. That being said, I know in the past bullies have gotten their way. So, remember to be true to yourself and don't feel the need to stoop to bully's level to win. My mother in law always said to us: "You may not win the battle, but you'll win the war!"

Take care of yourself, and I'm thinking of you today!
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday everyone! I hope you are all doing well and feeling good :) Take a look in that mirror today and find something awesome to say to the new you!

Johanna - Good luck today! I'm still waiting for the axe here at my place... Any day now.... So I hope your call goes well and things start getting better on that end!
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmmm, just looked at this GROUP thing..... Might be a good idea to move this challenge into this area. This way I can still post the weekly threads but everything is in one place and people don't have to go searching for anything.

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: THOUGHTS?!?!?!?!?!?!?:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:
  • Cateyes0831
    Cateyes0831 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Completed day 1 :happy:

The group thing sounds like a good idea! I'm all for it :smile:
  • Sugs94
    Sugs94 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    bump for later!!