30 mins of weight lifting help!

Options
does anyone have a good 30 min weight/crunch workout program that I can do Mon-Fri? I need to start lifting and doing situps and such but, don't know where to start. Thanks :smile:

Replies

• lotuslion
    Options
    I really like this strength training workout:

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/dumbbell-only-home-or-gym-fullbody-workout.html

It takes me 25-30 minutes to do each day, and it's set up to be done 3x per week. That site has a TON of different routines though, so if you don't like that one, you can more than likely find one you do like. Happy lifting! :)
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    definitely do compound exercises --- they work several muscles at once to save time. a lot of people do 5 sets of 5 reps with their 5 rep max weight so that you get the definition quicker and are working as hard as you can. this is the most effective thing I have ever done for a workout and I see results instantly. one program you could look into is strong lifts 5x5. some exercises: pushups, pullups/chinups (could use an assisting machine if your gym has it), overhead press, bench press, dumbbell flys, squats/one legged squats and calf raises, deadlifts/one legged deadlifts and lunges/step back lunges with bicep curls. I break it up arms and abs/legs and butt and do each 2-3x a week. Core exercises I mainly got from P90X ab ripper x (amazing!) -- planks, lay on your back and put 1 leg perpendicular to the floor the other parallel to the floor but not touching and switch - SLOWLY!, knee ins and outs, laying down with legs slightly spead reach 1 arm up and over to touch the opposite toe, laying down legs vertical and arms extended behind head pull weight/medicine ball over head and up to reach toes, laying down lift both legs up perpendicular and back down to almost touch the ground, medicine ball side to side, bicycle, among some others. For those I usually do 24 reps slowly and for the twist and bicycle 50 reps. P.S. most of these can be done with either a barbell or dumbbells so they can be done at home or the gym if you have the right weights. And don't forget to increase the weight so you are always using your 5 rep max weight! :)
  • MJ5898
    MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    bump! i currently do around an hour of weights 3x per week but am always looking for more efficiency so i like the idea of the 5x5 of max weight. going to give that a go this evening! :happy: