Ideas for healthy desserts?

Options
I have been using the site for around 3 weeks now, and I feel I've been doing quite well with my calorific intake (from around 3500 down to 1600 daily), but I've sadly been depriving myself of dessert, and I miss it so bad!

I know there are options such as fruit, low fat yoghurts or 'diet brand' custards, but I'm more of a 'cake' or 'dough' girl. I'd like to make something myself that I can portion and freeze, but don't have any ideas for something yummy without busting the calorie limit!

Help?!

Replies

• DarlingThief
    DarlingThief Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I know Hungry Girl has a lot of options. She has recipes for cakes in a mug for portion control. Look up her website for ideas!
  • DarlingThief
    Options
    Sorry, idk why it tripled...
  • DarlingThief
    Options
    --
  • Angellore
    Angellore Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Have a look on www.skinnytaste.com if you haven't already. They have some great stuff.
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Not sure about the freezing but these mixed berry cheesecake brownies are only about 150 cals each and despite looking quite impressive are really easy to make! http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/2642/mixed+berry+cheesecake+brownies

Tiramisu is also really easy to make low fat with ricotta http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/2558/tiramisu

Also pavlova or eton mess made with meringue nests can easily be low cal and have a nice crunch to them.
  • unicorn1081
    unicorn1081 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    have you tried the Special K cereal bars? they are only 90 cals and the are so delicious! they have all kinds too! i love the peaches and berries, chocolate pretzel, and rasberry cheesecake. but the other flavors are yummy too and they keep you on track. hope that helps. and remember that healthy eating is the goal, not starvation or deprivation. if you want your favorite dessert one day, i say have it. just eat in moderation. if you know you want that dessert that day, subtract it from you daily calorie intake and eat healthy the rest of the day. good luck! :heart:
  • discodaddy61
    discodaddy61 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    heres a real simple recipe for sugar free peanut butter cookies and they are yummy. 1 cup peanut butter 1 cup splenda and 1 egg mix together and cook in oven for about 10 minutes.
  • shaw409
    Options
    Dip strawberries in Sugar Free Choc Pudding. This is so yummy! I also make protein smoothies with protein powder, water and frozen banaans or strawberries.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    This is what I had last night. Was delicious!

Cheesecake protein pancakes with cheesecake ff greek yoghurt sludge.

440 cals with 89g protein :smile:
    11%252B-%252B1

2 scoops vanilla protein (I use casein)
    4 egg whites
    20g "normal" pancake mix (you can do it without but this gives it much better texture)
    8g sf/ff cheesecake pudding mix
    bit of skim milk to turn to pancake consistency (usually about 1/2 cup)

Sludge is just ff greek yoghurt with some more sf pudding mix.
  • lisasays
    lisasays Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    dip berries in yogurt and freeze them! Dig a banana in dark chocolate and freeze.
    Popcorn with a little cinnamon sugar and a tiny bit of butter, coconut milk ice cream.
    Frozen creamy fruit bars from whole foods (only 60 cal and really creamy - forget the name though)
  • bridgeo74
    bridgeo74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    aimeesadventures.com has GREAT recipes for dessert. She also has great main dishes, side dishes, appetizers, breads.... The nice thing about her recipes, is everyone loves them and they aren't usually expensive.