PCOS Need meal planning help!

Options
I have had PCOS for years and I just saw my nutritionist yesterday. She wants me to stick to a 1200 calorie diet, drink 62 oz of water a day, exercise 30 minutes a day 5 times per week and eat "hormone free" eggs and meats.
Any suggestions?

Replies

• kntollison
    kntollison Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You know! I'm 19 and was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 16..my OBGYN told me the exact same thing, and she had me start taking the Type 2 Diabetes drug Glyburide.

Her biggest suggestion to me was the South Beach Diet. It's been hard to find things surrounding that diet where I live though, so I'd be glad to receive advice as well!!
  • jude666
    jude666 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm very interested in this, I to have PCOS and have been wanting to see a nutritionist about it for YEARS.
    I did buy a few books when I was diagnosed and they told me to stick to a low GI diet and go organic.
    I have never heard of hormone free eggs!
  • angelxxoh
    Options
    Nature's Harmony eggs OR Eggland's Best

They have organic (hormone free) meats in the meat section at publix-walmart-winndixie...

Lots of chicken and organic veggies :-)
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    you might find this link helpful

http://foodhospital.channel4.com/the-truth-about/videos/episode-clip/the-food-hospital-lauren/

the young lady featured has PCOS really bad and the doctor is giving her advice on what to eat to lose weight and help with symptoms
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I buy my Beef from a rancher. You can probably find someone in your area (if you in the U.S.) at eatwild.com
  • misstanyamarie
    misstanyamarie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I live in Southern California. I found some hormone free meats at Sprouts. I am supposed to be taking 1500 Metformin a day.