brans new to site help please

Options
can anyone tell me how to change the portion sizes for my food diary? thanks!!!!

Replies

• krystad
    krystad Posts: 28
    Options
    can anyone tell me how to change the portion sizes for my food diary? thanks!!!!
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    If you've already entered the food in your diary, just click on it and it will give you a pop up window. You can change your portion size in that window.

Hope this helps!
  • sdb_colorado
    Options
    Krystad - welcome! I love this site; I find it very easy to use.

To change the quantity on your portions -
    IF the item is already on the food log for a meal or snack, you click on that item and a box will pop up. In that box, change the number in the "servings" box and the click on the "save changes" box. If you change the number and hit "enter" it will not make the change.

IF you are trying to log an item to put in the food diary, there should be a large box on the right side of the screen with the name of the item that has a servings box. You can change that number before you add the food item. Also, sometimes in the portions, there is a drop down arrow with different choices, such as chopped, whole, container, etc. that you can choose from.

I'm sure after a few minutes you would have figured it out.

Good luck!
  • krystad
    krystad Posts: 28
    Options
    ohhh tee hee my bad...i just went and played with it for a bit and figured it out!!!! must be all those evil chocolate eggs got to my brain!!!
    thanks to all those who responded so quick!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: