Breakfast help

Options
I really need help with Breakfast .... for too many years now I have gone without breakfast. But, now that I'm starting my diet and exercise regime I am trying to break out of my bad habit and eat breakfast every day, but unfortunately I don't like milk so am unable to have cereals, and am getting fed up with eggs (boiled/scrambled/poached) .... any ideas please? Thanks

Replies

• GkMusic
    GkMusic Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is always a great option, and you can add a lot to it. Also, a slice of toast with some natural peanut butter would be good with some fruit.
  • johnnieb
    johnnieb Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I eat my cereal mixed with Dannon Light and Fit vanilla yogurt. very yummy. I don't care for milk either :)
  • jjsamp202
    Options
    So you don't like milk, but how do you feel about yogurt? I recently moved to Japan and the milk here is way too thick for my tastes so I stopped drinking it. Instead, I do a few scoops of plain yogurt + some fresh granola. I buy both in large containers, so I can serve myself as little or as much as I want. It's delicious :)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I really need help with Breakfast .... for too many years now I have gone without breakfast. But, now that I'm starting my diet and exercise regime I am trying to break out of my bad habit and eat breakfast every day, but unfortunately I don't like milk so am unable to have cereals, and am getting fed up with eggs (boiled/scrambled/poached) .... any ideas please? Thanks

not eating breakfast is not a bad habit, and yields no special benefits for weight loss

but to answer your question, a parfait of greek yogurt and berries, a protein shake, steak and hashbrowns, breakfast burrito/sandwich
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I cannot have milk- so I just eat my cereal dry! I measure it out, put it in a little bag, and snack on it throughout the morning! Oatmeal is also go, as well as toast with some peanut butter and a banana. Or perhaps a mixed fruit cup and a hard boiled egg!
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I like greek yogurt and granola
    Salmon lox on a Bagel
    Omlets
    Cottage cheese and fruit
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    How about a protein shake done in the blender with frozen berries or 1/2 banana and 1 tsp. of peanut butter! It's good to start your day with a little protein to stabilize your blood sugar and keep the cravings down!
  • tracikearns
    tracikearns Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    maybe a whole wheat bagel thin with cream cheese
    string cheese and fruit
    oatmeal is always a good choice :)
  • yokurio
    yokurio Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    throw some oj, frozen berries, and 1/2 a banana in a blender and make a smoothie... breakfast of champs.
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I don't like milk either.

I have 0% greek yogurt and blueberries or some other kind of berry usually. If I'm doing a morning workout (rare) I also have a banana.
  • Maryfullofgrace
    Maryfullofgrace Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Low Sodium English Muffin (You can even choose one with high fiber)
    1/2 slice of pepper Jack cheese
    two-1/4 inch slices of tomato
    1/4 of an avocado

Toast the English Muffin (I like to toast it under the broiler)
    put one tomato slice on each half
    Slice your 1/2 piece of cheese in half and put one piece on each
    chop up that 1/4 of the avocado an put over the top of the cheese
    Broil until melty...

I enjoy this with an orange & sometimes a 1/2 cup of yogurt with some dried cranberries in it.
  • Moonbyebye
    Moonbyebye Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My favorite: whole wheat toast with peanut butter and banana slices! So filling, nutritious and delicious

other options: Oatmeal (you can mix everything in oatmeal and it be delicious.
    bagels
    yogurt and fruit
    English muffins
    almond milk, soy milk with raisin bran, so delicious!
  • TYME4ME2CHANGE
    Options
    I really know what you mean.. I have never been a breakfast eater.. I really like the Thomas Everything Bagel Thins with Philly cream cheese light( chive and onion) and a glass of V-8 ...((217 cal. 33 carb..6 fat.. 7 fiber.. 10 sugar)) Yummm
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    No need to force yourself to eat just because it's morning.

That said, I recommend bacon.
  • laflint
    Options
    I like to have an apple with almond butter. Super tasty!
  • AngelaeLebron1
    AngelaeLebron1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Protein shake, fruit, yogurt, I know you said you're tired of eggs, but what about a veggie omelet and/or with some turkey bacon, whole grain oatmeal, dry cereal without milk, that's about all that I can think of. I usually try to give myself a few choices, since I can easily get sick of cereal every single morning.
  • skump425
    skump425 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I like plain greek yogurt with raspberries and granola
    Add a pack of truvia and you have a delicious treat too
  • kbonamour
    kbonamour Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yogurt with strawberries and bananas sliced up added to it, whole wheat toast, apple slices with low fat peanut butter, granola bar, or oatmeal.
  • kmorris246
    kmorris246 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats w/ banana and walnuts
    Whole wheat toast/waffle w/ peanut butter, honey, and sliced banana
    Greek yogurt w/ honey, chopped apples, and almonds
    Protein shake
  • craigh04
    craigh04 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have trouble with breakfast as well because I'm allergic to eggs. I'm getting pretty sick of cereal. So this morning I tried a toasted english muffin with a wedge of lite laughing cow cheese, two pieces of turkey bacon and cucumber. It was really good.