Slim in 6 vs. Jillian 30ds...

Options
I did a post like this before, asking " insanity vs. Jillian"

I just heard about this slim in 6, reading alittle on it, it seems its some what like Jillians 30DS.
Any insight? Opinions?

I am doing Insanity and that moment ( its awesome!) How does slim in 6 compare to insanity?

Replies

• jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I have 30 DS and it is brutal if you aren't used to it, even though it starts out "slow" she doesn't play. My mom has slim in 6 and I am thinking I will try that and see. I'll keep you posted.
  • wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Insanity is a more advanced program. My opinion, if you are doing Insanity, Slim in 6 might be a bit "slow" for you and might get bored with the program. Since you are doing Insanity and want to incorporate strength train, I would go to P90X or Cha-lean extreme...once again, just my opinion.
  • pinkpumpedupkickz
    pinkpumpedupkickz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Insanity is a more advanced program. My opinion, if you are doing Insanity, Slim in 6 might be a bit "slow" for you and might get bored with the program. Since you are doing Insanity and want to incorporate strength train, I would go to P90X or Cha-lean extreme...once again, just my opinion.

Agree.
  • lina20
    lina20 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    bump
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I haven't done any of the other workouts mentioned, but I have done Slim in Six. It gets you results (and quickly) because the exercises you do are often the same ones you'll see in other beach body workouts. (I've been told this by people who have done P90X and Insanity). However... there is so much repetition that this workout gets VERY boring VERY fast. Also, the music is terrible, which doesn't help, either. I never made it through the 45 days with this workout because I got so bored with it, but I do go back to it every now and then for a good muscle workout, and instead I run or do something more interesting on most other days.