Trouble w/HRM

Options
I have a heart rate monitor that has the chest strap and it has always worked great for me. I just started back to doing the stair climber at the gym which makes me sweat ALOT and I am finding that my heart rate will not register when I am sweating so much. The stupid thing says it is water proof so that should not be the problem. I am wondering if it is moving around too much because of sweating? Has anyone ever experienced this and what were you able to do to fix it? I hate not knowing if my count is accurate because the thing jumps back and forth between registering my heart rate and not registering it. Thanks for your help!

Replies

• SarahE0417
    Options
    bump! do you have the pink polar one?? I dont know the exact name of it LOL. But mine does the exact same thing, it has the hardest time registering my heart rate when I first start. I usually put it on while im getting ready to work out so it has time to "warm up". But it will also stop in the middle of a workout and just go to 0.
  • dannylives3
    dannylives3 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    In the short time that Iv'e had mine (2 weeks), there are times when it gets lose if I move a certain way. The watch will say something like no signal found or something like that and then it goes back to counting regularly. I guess this might be whats happening with you.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I would make sure it is snug enough so that it's not moving around. Also mine requires me to get the strap wet before putting it on. And is it possible that's it's getting time to have the battery replaced? I have only had mine a few mo ths, not sure how they start acting when the batteries get low...
  • melanieh_avon
    Options
    I am having this same problem. I have had my monitor for 6 months now and it has always worked really well. Now it goes back and forth on measuring my heart rate. Yesterday during spin class as I was dying it said my heart rate was 45. Uh, yeah. It has been doing this while working on the treadmill, elliptical, and stairclimber and I thought maybe there was some interference that was messing with it. Now I dont know. I have not had it for that long and it is also waterproof for up to 100 feet of water. I sweat but not that much! lol. This just started happening within the last 2 wks. I am not sure if changing the battery will help but that is my next step that I will try.
  • jbeauchamp1
    jbeauchamp1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I will try changing the battery as suggested and making sure the strap is nice and snug. It only happens when I sweat alot so I am thinking it is the movement. Glad to know I am not the only one experiencing this because I was about to go crazy today at the gym! :laugh: