ABS

Options
So I guess this might be a stupid question, but I just wanted to know is it possible to go from a flabby stomach to a rock hard flat stomach, with of course the right food and excersises. I know some people loose weight, but sometimes with so much skin being stretched out, I wondered it if was possible to get that wondeful flat stomach.

Replies

• proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    So I guess this might be a stupid question, but I just wanted to know is it possible to go from a flabby stomach to a rock hard flat stomach, with of course the right food and excersises. I know some people loose weight, but sometimes with so much skin being stretched out, I wondered it if was possible to get that wondeful flat stomach.
  • anthonyd
    anthonyd Posts: 3
    Options
    yes it is possible, however it will take discipline and time. repeated good choices both exercise and nutrition wise will obtain the results that you desire, but you must maintain a calorie deficit while providing your body the fuel it needs for each day. think 50% protein, 30 % carbs, 20% fat daily day after day, month after mont, and maybe year after year
  • proverbs31chick
    Options
    Thanks, I am more than willing to do whatever it takes.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be realistic here. It depends on your body. You're still pretty young, so you can probably get what you are hoping for, the real deal is though, that you need to watch your body fat percentage, and do lots of cardio. The stomach is one of the first areas to add excess fat, and it fat storage usually follows the FILO rule (first in last out), so if you've had belly fat for a while, then it will probably be the last thing to leave your body, if you know this, and prepare yourself mentally, then you can get through it without issue. Once the fat is gone, expect up to another year for the skin around your stomach to shrink enough so that it looks tight.

So is it possible? Absolutely, but it's not a quick fix thing, it can take up to 2 years of dedication to a healthy lifestyle to get where you want, but take it from me (I was where you are about a year and a half ago), it's WORTH IT!
  • MisoSoup79
    MisoSoup79 Posts: 517
    Options
    It's not a stupid question. Whether or not your stomach will become taut and hard will depend on a number of factors, including your genetics, how long you've carried the extra weight, how fast you lose the extra weight - just as much or more than diet and exercise. Some people can get there, others cannot do it without a tummy tuck because the skin will never recover.

Losing slowly allows your skin extra time to adapt. Staying hydrated and moisturized will also assist in the recovery of the skin.

With about 100 lbs to lose, it's probably not highly likely that you'll get fitness magazine perfect abs... but if you're really lucky, it could happen.

Best of luck! :flowerforyou: No matter what, be proud of your weight loss!
  • shannon128
    Options
    think 50% protein, 30 % carbs, 20% fat daily

What does that mean? I have never heard that before and am unfamiliar with it?
  • proverbs31chick
    Options
    Thanks, is that you on the right? Well while I am in the middle of loosing weight, I will be doing a lot of cardio and workouts geared towards my abs, would it really take that long?
  • proverbs31chick
    Options
    Thanks, I have seen some of those people on Biggest Looser, that have lost like 90 and more lbs,have like super flat stomachs. Especially the guys, they go from super big stomachs to rock hard abs. But I will be very happy with what I loose.